Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Car Bra For The Iq

Below is the text from a few e-mails where I have been discovering if I can get a Car Bra for the iQ. I am sick of the damn stones peppering the bonnet and front bumper. There is more to having one fitted, as in owning one, than I expected. The details are on the pages from the site, and it's the same for any size car bra.

http://www.autobra.co.uk/shop/index.php

http://www.autobra.co.uk/shop/toyota-range-c-682.html

I made my first enquiry and received this e-mail below-

Hi Bob, The bonnet bras are £49.99 plus £6.50 delivery. A full bra (bonnet and bumper) is £125. What year of reg is your vehicle. We have the 2012 template so this should hopefully fit- I can check with the factory if you can send me a photo over?

Kind regards, Genevieve Preece

I sent the info and pictures-

Hi Bob, Thank you for that info. I have forwarded it to the factory and will let you know asap once they reply.

Then I got this reply-

Hi Bob, The factory have confirmed that this will fit. If you would like to order please call me on 01159-99995. There is about a 3-4 week wait at the moment.

Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I thought some of you may want to know these things are available. Picture below is just an example so those virgins who have never seen a Car Bra before don't get too excited... yes, I am joking.

post-113536-0-09579200-1441292749_thumb.

A full bra would hide all the stone chips mine is terrible when you take a closer look, just think wouldn't look the great on a silver car would look better on the black or plum also what happens with moisture would it be more prone to rust and if its not tight you will end up with rubbing marks when removed.

Personaly I would prefer to have the front resprayed every two years, I really don't like the look of the bra's, spoil the look more that stone chips do.

Have you thought about a clear vynl wrap? I think Taz had his done, protect the paint with a virtual invisable barrier.

• Like 1

A full bra would hide all the stone chips mine is terrible when you take a closer look, just think wouldn't look the great on a silver car would look better on the black or plum also what happens with moisture would it be more prone to rust and if its not tight you will end up with rubbing marks when removed.

All good points and my thoughts exactly, hence my hesitation -aside from the cost. I wondered if the addition of the car bra would make it look tougher, like a short Rse pit bull...

Personaly I would prefer to have the front resprayed every two years, I really don't like the look of the bra's, spoil the look more that stone chips do.

Have you thought about a clear vynl wrap? I think Taz had his done, protect the paint with a virtual invisable barrier.

I did think about that too, but have yet to look into it. I expect it would likely be cheaper -the clear vinyl wrap. I never thought of the option to repaint the front end every couple of years. Ideally, get it repainted, then after a month or so of paint hardening, get it wrapped in clear vinyl. Problem of course is always cost. If it wasn't, I would have the whole car wrapped in something that looks nice, different too. My wheels are also buggered, not so much kerbing, just peeling and looking rather tired. Was thinking of a refurb and having them painted anthracite.

After a few minutes of 'searching' I found this, practically on my doorstep in Shrewsbury. Looking at what they have on offer, it's like a one stop shop for tarting up one's car. I reckon -price depending still- my wife will be more likely to go for a clear solution to the paint scratches. Of course, no point in doing that if it's covered in pock marks.

Think I'll be popping in there tomorrow for a little chat. Maybe get things priced up. They can see the car, I can get the shock at the cost of it all. Oh dear, what have I done?

Units 7D & E Vanguard Park, Vanguard Way Park, Battlefield Enterprise Park, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 3TG
Tel: 01743 581440 - www.acecarcare.co.uk

Isn't fitting a bra a bit like leaving the polythene on your seats? It'll be good for the next owner.

• Like 1

I know this is a problem for any iQ owner, unless you drive in another country, with better roads. I paid a visit to the ACE Car Care empire today. It looks better in person I have to say, and I was told they used to be based at the local (Furrows) Ford dealership as a Chips Away franchise, not that far away from their new digs.

I asked about the clear car bra... and was shocked to be honest. He was talking about £500! But then, he explained that the stuff is so expensive because it's used -or was- in the Aerospace Industry, like on helicopter rotor blades to make them last longer. The likes of Maserati, Mercedes, Lamborghini and so on is what that stuff is for. Also, they don't have a template for an iQ... Expensive.

I then talked about wheels, fully refurbished, for the whole set, £400. That's removing the tyres etc, blasting them and other prep, painting and lacquering, wheel rebuild -tyre on, balanced and so on. Almost any colour that is regular at that price. More complicated is more expensive as one would expect. Interior plastic repair is done here too. They will fit those Alloy-Gator strips (in various colours) on your precious wheels too, a good idea if they have just been refurbished- MORE MONEY. They also do tuning, and something called Terraclean. He explained how it came about, what they do to your car and what it does. I was given a couple of leaflets and I'll scan them, upload them if anyone is interested, although, I reckon -without looking- that the same info is on their web site.

I am going to pop back in there next month to try and get a quote for something, like the interior plastic scratches fixing. This month is Service and MOT, not cheap, so need to be careful to not get carried away, or I'll get a slap from 'er in doors.

Yep, Terraclean is on the Home Page.

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...

Hi what did you settle with in respect of bra or wrap . Do you have the link for the bras please . We need to do somthing we tow ours behind a motorhome and don't want it to get to bad with chips 

23 minutes ago, Billtowcar said:

Hi what did you settle with in respect of bra or wrap . Do you have the link for the bras please . We need to do somthing we tow ours behind a motorhome and don't want it to get to bad with chips 

Hey William, Another iQ owner in Shropshire! On here no less. Well, I decided sod the expense, and did not bother with a Bra. Consequence is obvious, more damn stone chips. Also, we hit what has to be the largest pheasant (Stupid Bird) in Shropshire and took out two and a half of our car's teeth, you know, those up and downy bits in that air gap... Also, when polishing the car about a month later, I noticed it had a death grip on the mid to lower bumper, with its very sharp and grippy claws! Leaving deep marks in the bumper! So, what would have become of a car bra then I wonder? Especially at the price?

I think the route/idea mentioned by Soeley seems to be best. After all, if the damage is not too bad, leave the respray of that area a little longer.

As for your solution, towing the iQ... I wondered perhaps if a bit of Heath Robinson fixing is in order. Something soft fixed and secured across the front of your towed iQ, then a waterproof tarp laid over that, far enough and secured as far as possible from where the soft cover is so it does not get wet.

Do you tow it with all wheels on the road, or the fronts raised? That must be cool too, turning up at your destination and pootling around in your iQ. Scroll down when using the link below to where it says 'Paint Protection Film.' I can certainly recommend Ace Car Care, if a bit pricey in my skinflint miserly opinion. If money is not an issue... there are a number of things I would get done, including the pockmarked bumper.

Link is here - http://www.acecarcare.co.uk/

LeBra makes a bra for the IQ in the US. It was a piece of crap. I threw it away. The attachment tabs were worthless.

Felkers

Just got this e-mail today and thought it may help someone interested in protective film for their car-

Chips Could Be A Thing Of The Past

Hi Robert

I bet you're thinking 'l love chips' but we could both be thinking about 2 different types of chips, but l'm not on about the edible type.

The ones l'm referring to are the ones you get on your bonnet that ruin your paintwork & start to go rusty if not treated, or don't look too good if you touch them up.

We'll now that l'm sure we're both on the same wavelength, l wanted to let you know about our Paint Protection Film. It's not just for bonnets and it can protect from scuffs & scratches too, on lots of areas of your vehicle from the door sills to the full front end of your pride and joy and most things in between, such as.

• Rear bumper tops(loading area)
  • Door sills front and rear
  • Door edges
  • Headlights
  • Bonnets, wings and bumpers
  • Mirror caps
  • Flared wheel arches

Our film is a top end premium product that's crystal clear, got almost zero orange peel (flatter finish than most manufacturers paintwork) it's resistant to chemicals, and like magic, has a coating where minor scratch 'heal' themselves & disappear before your very eyes (check the video).

It's really tough stuff (see how strong) and will protect against chips & scuffs (see our rock vs paint protection film video) to keep your original paintwork protected.

You can find out all the low-down by clicking the image below to watch the full video.

If you've got any questions or would like some prices, just let me or 1 of the team know by calling on 01743 466100, replying to this email, or popping into the Car Care Centre

Hope to speak with you soon.

Lee
Ace Car Care Ltd

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links