Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No House Number

offashead

Hi. The title says it all. Why can't I input the house number using the sat nav? 2014 Auris with touch and go.

Come on, most if not all sat navs give you this option, so why can't this one?

The sat nav itself is quite easy to use and gives clear commands in good time but the omission of house numbers seems very odd to me. Am I doing something wrong or are they all like that?

Nope, it's a rubbish sat nav.

I just use my Nexus on a Brodit mount with Waze. Far, far, better.

I cant even get mine to accept postcodes.

I can get half of a postcode. I cannot believe that they have not realised the fact, the fact being the sat nav may be less than useful or in fact useless. With the technology available, and it has been around for donkeys years, Toyota can't make a sat nav that does what a sat nav from my mates second hand shop for 20 quid does. By the way, the sat nav in mine came as a edit...750 odd quid option, luckily for me the previous owner paid for it.

Anyone else with a view? Surely they all can't be this ancient? I had a garmin about 20 years ago which looked like a miniature tv set, like this http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06/16/mio_c210_sat_nav/ I can't even find the one I'm on about on the net it's that old. But, even it could do what edit.. 750 quid option cannot.

Edit. And there's me thinking 650 when it's really 750 ouch.

If anyone is looking for a good sat/nav and has Toyota Touch2, here is a really good aftermaket one that is installed tn the orginal one's spot - behind the touch screen. It' pricy, indeed, but at least you get to install iGO, Garmin and whatever there is out there, no wire cutting, no features loss...

I can get half of a postcode. I cannot believe that they have not realised the fact, the fact being the sat nav may be less than useful or in fact useless. With the technology available, and it has been around for donkeys years, Toyota can't make a sat nav that does what a sat nav from my mates second hand shop for 20 quid does. By the way, the sat nav in mine came as a edit...750 odd quid option, luckily for me the previous owner paid for it.

Anyone else with a view? Surely they all can't be this ancient? I had a garmin about 20 years ago which looked like a miniature tv set, like this http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06/16/mio_c210_sat_nav/ I can't even find the one I'm on about on the net it's that old. But, even it could do what edit.. 750 quid option cannot.

Your car has full post code input but you need to put the space in after the first sequence eg PL7 4## without the space the option to add the final sequence stays greyed out

Touch & Go or Touch & Go 2?

Pretty sure that my Touch & Go+ has no. entry. It certainly has full post code entry.

When I bought my Auris the salesman said "would I like sat nat installed"?

I asked "how much"?

He replied "£620".

Guess what I said.

I'll stick with my TomTom,free updates for life,speed camera updates,I just have to plug into my computer plus text to speech.

Plus I have Brian Blessed giving me a chuckle as well.

Beat that Toyota.

An old work mate visited my house for the first time in his top of the range VW Tiguan.

I gave him the full post code,his sat nav took him two streets away.

My Tom Tom takes me straight to my front door and I haven't even entered my house number.

I have had another go with mine and still can't get it to accept full post codes, this is what happens...

1 Press "Dest"

2 Screen shows keypad with "street" on top line and "town" on next line. The only way I have found to get to the enter postcode screen is to press "town"

3 Press "town"

4 New screen appears with enter postcode option

5 Press enter postcode

6 Keypad screen re-appears

7 My postcode is M26 4EJ so press "M" then press 0-9 to get number screen and press "2" then "6"

8 Next screen pops up showing four boxes M26 1, M26 2, M26 3, M26 4

9 Press M26 4 box hoping it will give me the option to then enter "EJ" but then lists some street names beginning with the letter "E". My street begins with the letter "L"

10 This is the point where I give up and slam the door. I could have walked it quicker.

If anyone knows a way to do postcodes, I'd love to hear it!

Blimey,I would be slamming more than the door !!

Sorry I can't help you,it sounds a nightmare.

Blimey,I would be slamming more than the door !!

Sorry I can't help you,it sounds a nightmare.

Yes, utter c**p. I use a works van with a £19.99 one we bought from lidl years ago, works a treat.

The salesman who sold me the motor called me yesterday to see how it was going. I told him the car was just dandy but the sat nav was not. I explained the dilemma and he say's he will look into it, I do fear that there is no hope of a solution to the sat nav problem though. I just can't believe that Toyota of all people have made a sat nav for 750 quid that's pretty much hopeless. I will keep you posted and keep exploring the nav. Anyone else with the same problems, please keep coming forth.

• 4 weeks later...

Your car has full post code input but you need to put the space in after the first sequence eg PL7 4## without the space the option to add the final sequence stays greyed out
As above.

To give you heads up, mates... For those of you who have a Samsung Galaxy SIII (personally tested), SIV ot Galaxy Note II (untested by me - just relying on the app's information) and Toyota Touch 2, you can use DriveLink app to mirror your phone to the Touch 2 and use any GPS navigation software.

1zm048z.jpg
hvue7t.jpg
10fdmx5.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links