Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Had Corolla Verso D4d For 5 Years Bullet Proof Cars

Waseem1

Done 51k miles haven't even replaced a £2 part. Not even a squeak from the car now on 111k

The ford I had was nothing but trouble before the Toyota. A thoroughly engineered car.

Yes VW,Audi ford may look better but no peace of mind. What are your thought?

• Like 1

I have to agree Waseem. My 58 plate has cost me nothing other than the usual servicing, wipers and tyres! That said, I'm having the front shocks replaced next week as the drivers side has developed a bit of a leak. Interesting that yours doesn't squeak, mine does!

• 3 weeks later...

Simply the most reliable car I have ever owned - done 200k miles in my '06 Corolla Verso 2.2 D-4D and I've not had to replace a single thing apart from tyres, wipers etc. I plan to keep the car for at least another 50k miles.

Zam after my experience with Audi and the horrific experience with the Ford on a 4 year old Ford ST Tdci I replaced injectors, subframe, pulleys, bearings and replaced the CD autochanger 3 times was stressful ownership. Toyota has been exemplary it's a properly engineered car where Audi/VW for example use plastic on their water pumps toyota use metal

I also have a 2010 BMW 530d which has also been exceptionally reliable for 116000 miles. Has been absolutely faultless throughout ownership and it should also get to 200k with ease, just like the verso. I still don't undermine German engineering.

The only difference between the 2.2 verso and the 3.0 bmw are the fuel costs and the performance! The bimmer just flys whereas the verso is a bit boring.

Mmmm, not sure I concur with this one. Yes, an incredibly reliable and economical car. On my third verso. However, mine is like a bag or old nails inside now. 3 years old and 40k miles. This is the most rattly car I've ever owned. Squeaks everywhere inside. I'm embarrassed to take people for a lift sometimes.

Still love it for its all round versatility, comfort and reliability though. Having said that I won't buy another.

That's a bit odd. My 200k verso doesn't make a single creak.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think modern Toyota's have the build quality of the older ones, even just a few years older. My two year old Verso feels flimsy in comparison to the 7 year old Prius I had. The plastic panels, inside and out, can be pushed around with a finger, there's an annoying intermittent rattle inside the car somewhere on the left of the dashboard, bits of external trim all over the car are not fitted as well as they were on the Prius. White the car is fine to drive and seems reliable enough (so far), it just doesn't have the solid feel of the older cars.