Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another 'no Lift' Topic.

AlexJames

Hi All,

I am having some problems with lift, I have read many threads on this and still havent found anything that helps.

I have changed the lift bolts (that were not broken).

Cleaned the OCV filter, (which was clean anyway) ...This cleared the engine warning light on dash)

Oil level is topped up, engine is always warm before I hit anything over 6k.

Now when driving, the limiter cuts in at 7k and no lift.

I test drove it yesterday and I thought i managed to get lift... tried it about 30 seconds after that and the limiter kicked in at 7k.

Does anyone know what to check next? I cant seem to find a list of things to check on this?

Any help is appreciated!

Alex

I don't have "lift"...so I'm not familiar with all it's quirks etc....but I know it's temp sensitive..certainly oil..and perhaps water too.?

What does an OBD reader say.?...any clues..?...clearly your ECU isn't sending the message to "lift".!!

Is it worth checking the electrical connections.?...ie ..pull them and re-connect.?

There's nothing mysterious or magical about lift...so the problem should have a simple cause hopefully.

Neil

Thanks for your help Neil. I have reseated most electrical connections already.

I only got my OBD tool today so Ill check that later... the other thing I havent done yet is the MAF sensor.. Ill update you on that.

Just before the lift vanished I did put oil in my car... and possibly a 'slight' over fill.. and I only mean slight.... I wouldn't of thought that would have affected it tho?

Alex

No fault codes reported... ABS light is constantly flashing though.... I found this article interesting which also points to oil levels!?

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/17-celica-forum/275032-airbag-abs-engine-lights-flashing-plus-idle-fault.html

Am now getting a fault code for 'Cylinder 2 misfire' and 'Random Cylinder miss fire' codes...

Going to replace the plugs and see if that helps ...

coil packs.???..and if you do have to replace then don't buy the cheapo Asian copy ones ex eBay..they're rubbish and won't last...and you'll be buying again.!!

Neil

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update: Plugs replaced and lift worked twice... now its stopped again. ABS light is still flashing so I am going to get the wheels off this weekend and clean the sensors and see if that helps...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links