Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Find Me An Auris Hybrid!

Wayne2015

Well

Over 2 weeks and car-less since sold my car :(

Searched from Toyota Yaris Mk2 - Mk3 - Mk3 CVT - Mk3 Hybrid - then dawn on me that its above my budget for T-Spirit...

Looked at other Hybrids and decided on a 2010 onwards Auris Hybrid T-Spirit with SatNav ....but struggling with a £7k budget... :crybaby:

A few high mileage 1.8 Prius and high mileage Auris - but don't really want to risk £7k on such high mileage ....

If anyone see s/ hear of any Auris Hybrid T-Spirit with SatNav (WHITE) - please let me know! :flowers::driving::toot::thumbsup:

well

Just had a nice chat with a trader ref his Auris...

Me: Hi, u have a 61-plate Auris Hybrid for sale?

Him: Yes

Me: Does it have a full Toyota Service History?

Him: Yes it does

Me: I just want to make sure that it has a service at every 10,000 miles and not every year

Him: I haven't the service book, but had it confirmed by Toyota themselves, but I will check again next week and get a print out

Me: Can u send me pics of the service history (printout or service book)?

Him: I do not want to send pics as I do not know what u will do with that information

Me: Sorry, but I do not know u and u do not know me, I am not travelling 180 miles and then found out there is a service missing

Him: I have been in business 40 years and if I say its there its there

Me: I guess u will not divulge the MOT number either for me to check its history on the government website MOTInfo.gov.uk?

Him: Its a newish car, anyway forget it - u better off buying a car somewhere else

Would the 17" alloys on the T-Spirit can be swopped for winter steels of 15 or 16"?

If so, which winter wheel spec is best?

well

Me: I just want to make sure that it has a service at every 10,000 miles and not every year

Him: I haven't the service book, but had it confirmed by Toyota themselves, but I will check again next week and get a print out

Him: I do not want to send pics as I do not know what u will do with that information

Me: Sorry, but I do not know u and u do not know me, I am not travelling 180 miles and then found out there is a service missing

Me: I guess u will not divulge the MOT number either for me to check its history on the government website MOTInfo.gov.uk?

Him: Its a newish car, anyway forget it - u better off buying a car somewhere else

Good on you Wayne, let that dealer know you ain't no pee-on. When you hear those words "I don't have the service book BUT..." you're always better to be uber careful and I reckon if he had nothing to hide he'd have sent you the info you asked for.

You're asking for quite a lot mind you for the money you're prepared to spend, especially T spirit trim with Sat Nav. A quick look on Gumtree shows one in the West Midlands at £7K in a private sale ad 1132968957 but it's a T4 '11 reg with 1 year of manufacturers warranty to go. Think the mileage was around 70k though. Hope you find something soon becasue it's a bit daunting searching and running around, a bit like house hunting although there you have to pay for surveys over and over and I've known people get to desperate lengths.

post-140480-0-91556100-1442230839_thumb.

well

Good on you Wayne, let that dealer know you ain't no pee-on. When you hear those words "I don't have the service book BUT..." you're always better to be uber careful and I reckon if he had nothing to hide he'd have sent you the info you asked for.

You're asking for quite a lot mind you for the money you're prepared to spend, especially T spirit trim with Sat Nav. A quick look on Gumtree shows one in the West Midlands at £7K in a private sale ad 1132968957 but it's a T4 '11 reg with 1 year of manufacturers warranty to go. Think the mileage was around 70k though. Hope you find something soon becasue it's a bit daunting searching and running around, a bit like house hunting although there you have to pay for surveys over and over and I've known people get to desperate lengths.

Cheers Tom :)

Thanks - seen that Auris on gumtree already :thumbsup:

I have searched everywhere! Including Exchange&Mart - didn't know they still existed!

Even put in a few cheeky offers at the official Toyota websites - but none willing to come down to £7k (even without SatNav) :crybaby:

Determined to have everything (or at least most of my requirements) I want this time (as compromised too much in the past) :(

Worse will compromise on colour (WHITE) and SatNav.

There is a nice black one with everything in Birmingham (but on 76k and for £7220 - I bet there will be a £150 fee on top of that or something)......might go for that if nothing else appears in the next week......

Why every 10k and not every year? What does the service interval state? (Really must check mine, done 8k now and was expecting to be nearer Christmas so I could just do yearly servicing)

Why every 10k and not every year? What does the service interval state? (Really must check mine, done 8k now and was expecting to be nearer Christmas so I could just do yearly servicing)

I enquired about a 2012 Yaris a few weeks ago.

It got a service book with every year stamped by Toyota, but it had 40k in 3 years - so there should be at least 3 stamps with the 40k service due now...

I rang both the Toyota Dealer (that did the service) and Toyota UK...

They BOTH confirm the 5 year warranty is intact but and a BIG but if anything goes wrong that Toyota suspects is related to the missed 10k interval service - then the warranty claim is VOID!!! EEEEK!

The service intervals on our 2012 Avensis and 2011 Auris are 12 months or 10k miles, whichever comes first. IIRC you're allowed 1 month or 1k miles lenience.

• Like 2

Would the 17" alloys on the T-Spirit can be swopped for winter steels of 15 or 16"?

One needs to be careful as regards winter tyres/wheels and your insurance. If one fits a different size wheel, the insurer may view it as a change to the car's spec and may either charge for a modification or refuse cover for the change (as the member's insurer did from the post below [November 2013]) -

"I would like to point out to members again, that Toyota Insurance do not accept a change of wheel size from original specification. I have a 2012 Auris HSD T-Spirit with 17" wheels, and enquired about fitting 15" wheels and appropriate tyres for the winter. Toyota Insurance will not provide cover for this change. I have concluded that if I want 15" wheels I will have to seek out an insurer that will provide cover for alternative wheels, or change my car for an Auris HSD T4 supplied new with 15" wheels. I think the 1st option will prove the most cost effective. A disappointment, but from the number of cars fitted with different wheels, I am sure that some insurers will accommodate this change (with an amendment charge of course)."

• Like 1

One needs to be careful as regards winter tyres/wheels and your insurance. If one fits a different size wheel, the insurer may view it as a change to the car's spec and may either charge for a modification or refuse cover for the change (as the member's insurer did from the post below [November 2013]) -

"I would like to point out to members again, that Toyota Insurance do not accept a change of wheel size from original specification. I have a 2012 Auris HSD T-Spirit with 17" wheels, and enquired about fitting 15" wheels and appropriate tyres for the winter. Toyota Insurance will not provide cover for this change. I have concluded that if I want 15" wheels I will have to seek out an insurer that will provide cover for alternative wheels, or change my car for an Auris HSD T4 supplied new with 15" wheels. I think the 1st option will prove the most cost effective. A disappointment, but from the number of cars fitted with different wheels, I am sure that some insurers will accommodate this change (with an amendment charge of course)."

Thanks Frosty!

I will bear that in mind.

My insurer is with IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorist) - let's hope they more understanding as advanced drivers :)

Was thinking asking Toyota to supply winters (and store my summers)...

Anyone know if Toyota offer such service?

How much?

Thanks all

Right then!

After a good month or 2 of soul-searching (car searching from Yaris to Picanto to Yaris again and now Auris Hybrid....)...

...I have made an offer on a vehicle.

Offer has been accepted :)

Just some final details to clarify...

Train ticket bought (single way! Eeeeek)

Collection this Friday!

Wish me luck! (again....)

ooooohhhh the excitement! Train ticket bought? Faraway place? Scotland maybe???

IF you need an interpreter let me know, I'm at your service for about 18 pints of lager.

• Like 1

ooooohhhh the excitement! Train ticket bought? Faraway place? Scotland maybe???

IF you need an interpreter let me know, I'm at your service for about 18 pints of lager.

Cheers! :cheers:

Is that 18 scottish or English pints? :drunk:

Will report back after my 1st long motorway driving home on Friday :driving::thumbsup:

PS: Any last tips on what to check / lookout for on an Auris Hybrid upon collection? :baaa:

That would be Scoattish pints of course, none of yer English pints where the barman marks a white line on the glass with Tippex giving you about half a pint and charging you the full whack. If you like we could have 18 English pints and then go for a drink :fireman2:

The best tip I could give you, if it's a private sale is to read the following: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-32232936

• Like 2

That would be Scoattish pints of course, none of yer English pints where the barman marks a white line on the glass with Tippex giving you about half a pint and charging you the full whack. If you like we could have 18 English pints and then go for a drink :fireman2:

The best tip I could give you, if it's a private sale is to read the following: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-32232936

:lol::lol::lol:

Or 18 English Pub crawls, then followed by 18 Scottish ones! :cheers:

Thanks it is a private sale :yes:

That linky - flipping Nora - Forget it mate,I no need a translator now! :Jumpy:

Quick question

£0 road tax

Do I still need to register for road tax online?

Nah, don’t worry about that, Jeremy Corben’ll sort it out when he gets into Cameron’s ribs with his anti-austerity proposals. This country will become a beacon of light so we can all face a brighter future for ourselves, our children, the poor and downtrodden in society and the worlds refugees.

Oh, sorry mate, I thought you said Bedroom Tax. got a bit carried away there.

Nah, don’t worry about that, Jeremy Corben’ll sort it out when he gets into Cameron’s ribs with his anti-austerity proposals. This country will become a beacon of light so we can all face a brighter future for ourselves, our children, the poor and downtrodden in society and the worlds refugees.

Oh, sorry mate, I thought you said Bedroom Tax. got a bit carried away there.

Lol

Keep your fantasies to yourself! Ha ha ha

Quick question

£0 road tax

Do I still need to register for road tax online?

I would use the following when you collect the vehicle - https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax

Cheers Frosty! :)

Everything finalised now

Got my train ticket printed out today and collected

Insurance to sort tomorrow

Tax on the day

Over weekend will enquire at Toyota ref:

1. BOGOF warranty (can u buy the special offer now and say let it start in the future?)

2. Winter wheels buy/storage

3. Toyota Insurance

4. Service plan

anything else worth asking at Toyota?

Just did an online Toyota insurance quote: £621 with one claim (or £525 without a claim cheekily :lol:

Don't see why one can't buy an extended warranty now for it to start at a future date.

As regards the service plan, make sure you have what it includes detailed (ie brake fluid change every two years, etc). I would acquaint myself with the costs of Toyota's Fixed Price Service scheme - https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing.json

When I took out my current plan, I had the service costs based on the Fixed Price Service costs. Arranging a service plan is partly about making sure you know what you're buying (eg. what the plan includes and doesn't include), and also ask whether there are any other benefits. For example my dealer includes 10% off accessories, and 10% off parts and labour for other work outside of the service plan - this varies from dealer to dealer.

Insurance - could also try: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/155227-owners-club-insurance-click-here-to-see-if-you-could-save/

• Like 1

Don't see why one can't buy an extended warranty now for it to start at a future date.

As regards the service plan, make sure you have what it includes detailed (ie brake fluid change every two years, etc). I would acquaint myself with the costs of Toyota's Fixed Price Service scheme - https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing.json

When I took out my current plan, I had the service costs based on the Fixed Price Service costs. Arranging a service plan is partly about making sure you know what you're buying (eg. what the plan includes and doesn't include), and also ask whether there are any other benefits. For example my dealer includes 10% off accessories, and 10% off parts and labour for other work outside of the service plan - this varies from dealer to dealer.

Insurance - could also try: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/155227-owners-club-insurance-click-here-to-see-if-you-could-save/

Thanks again Frosty! :thumbsup:

I like the Toyota breakdown service, so plus the BOGOF warranty - I thinks its a bargain warranty to have :clap:

I have 2 dealership to pick from locally (6 miles each way) and another 4 within 15miles - so will compare all the different service plans on offer from them ;) :) :laughing:

I like Adrian Flux for their cheap classic insurance - but never tried them for modern cars - will give them a go if my current insurer wants a huge fee to cover my Auris

Thanks again :)

PS: Are u a one-man mod/admin/owner/founder on here 24/7?

U just seem to be here and everywhere at once and I don't seem to see anyone else - lol

Aye, Frosty - he da main man on this board. He's on so often because he's always keeping us dum-dums right.

Surprised he never rapped yir knuckles for talking about road tax, it's VED (Vehicle Excise Duty)

and a wee sidebar about how it's based on vehicle emissions etc.

Aye, Frosty - he da main man on this board. He's on so often because he's always keeping us dum-dums right.

Surprised he never rapped yir knuckles for talking about road tax, it's VED (Vehicle Excise Duty)

Cool thanks :)

So much techy terms, fad terms, hot terms, acronymns etc etc - I can't keep up!

Still give people funny looks when they say "Sic,man!" :lol: