Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me An Auris Hybrid!

Wayne2015

"PS: Are u a one-man mod/admin/owner/founder on here 24/7?
U just seem to be here and everywhere at once and I don't seem to see anyone else - lol"

Just another Toyota owner who happens to be a moderator. Other regular mods are Raistlin, Red Yaris and Devon Aygo.

• Like 1

As regards car insurance, current Which? recommended providers (based on policy cover and customer satisfaction) are (in descending order - highest score first):

NFU Mutual (available via direct sales force or agents, and may not cover all postcodes - especially major cities)

John Lewis

LV

Saga

Be aware that most comparison sites aren't impartial - the majority are owned by either insurers or insurance brokers.

• Like 1

Just checking return trip for Friday...

170 miles

3hrs 20min

Hope weathers good!

1. BOGOF warranty (can u buy the special offer now and say let it start in the future?)

2. Winter wheels buy/storage

3. Toyota Insurance

4. Service plan

1. you can (if offer still on), I've done it

2. Goodyear, Michelin & Nokian now have "all-weather" tyres that are pretty well suited to running all year round in most of the UK - might lose you some mpg though but still may work out cheaper than a new set of wheels+tyre & storage/refitting.

3. never been competitive for me plus they basically won't cover you if anything deviates from standard if you were thinking of any mods

4. some Toyota dealers automatically include things over & above normal service items in their service plans - this can make the service plan look dear compared to Toyota's published Fixed Price Servicing pricing. Worth watching for & clarifying exactly what is included.

• Like 1

Just read on here that the same 1.8 Prius does much more mpg than the Auris???

How come (as Prius bigger and heavier?)???

Prius is probably better aerodynamically than the Auris.

Prius is probably better aerodynamically than the Auris.

Can't be that much in co-efficient drag to gain average 10mpg over the Auris???!!! Eeeek!

Just did an online Toyota insurance quote: £621 with one claim (or £525 without a claim cheekily :lol:

Just rang my insurer to insure the Auris...

...only £300 approx (minus administration fee :))

Very happy bunny!

what do you mean £300 minus admin fee? Is it no £300 plus admin fee?

Anyway, glad to see you're still going for the Auris, for a minute there I thought you were going for a Prius and this whole thread would have to go in the bin. I saw a Prius the other day, at least I think it was a Prius, it was hard to tell because of the amount of snails queued up behind it waiting to overtake.

Oh and another thing, what's the heater like on these Hybrids. Is your engine going to be running long enough to generate enough heat now that winter isn't too far away?

Anyway, glad to see you're still going for the Auris, for a minute there I thought you were going for a Prius and this whole thread would have to go in the bin. I saw a Prius the other day, at least I think it was a Prius, it was hard to tell because of the amount of snails queued up behind it waiting to overtake.

Oh and another thing, what's the heater like on these Hybrids. Is your engine going to be running long enough to generate enough heat now that winter isn't too far away?

My bad

Think u right!

PLUS £15 admin fee!

I thought the Prius same engine as Auris had similar performance? No?

I probably drive at snail s "M's Daisy " pace too to get max economy!

Will find out in winter ref heater!

But hopefully someone will answer that before then ....

Right...

Backpack full of snacks for journey - CHECKED

MP3 CD for return trip - CHECKED

HPI check - CHECKED

Insurance - CHECKED

Train Tickets - CHECKED

Arriving at 3pm....hopefully deal sorted by 4pm :driving: - home by GOD-knows-when on the M1 on a Friday peak traffic :eek::fear:

Warms up much quicker than a non-hybrid as it's not using the engine for heat

Leaving in 60mins!

Just did a check on the car's RECALLS check on Toyota's website...

Its come back with :

>>>

Recall Checker

To find out whether a current safety recall includes your vehicle we have developed a 3 step process below.

Confirmation
We have identified that your Toyota is subject to a voluntary customer service campaign or outstanding safety recall.

This can be rectified at no cost.

>>>

But, the car's just had a service at Toyota in June this year???!!! :eek::fear:

Don't worry. Which recall?

Wayne, where are you? ffs it's hours since we last heard from you. I hope you didn't get lost and head North on the motorway to Scotland because they Scotnats are out celebrating the independence anniversary as if they'd won it or something. If you come across the border you'll see loads of they wee McGonks running about with their claymores and sporrans and pibrochs just dying to pounce on a Sassenach.

post-140480-0-97767200-1442593898_thumb.

• Like 1

Wayne, where are you? ffs it's hours since we last heard from you. I hope you didn't get lost and head North on the motorway to Scotland because they Scotnats are out celebrating the independence anniversary as if they'd won it or something. If you come across the border you'll see loads of they wee McGonks running about with their claymores and sporrans and pibrochs just dying to pounce on a Sassenach.

LOL

Cheers bud for concern - just got home after 4.5hours drive from Oxfordshire to Yorkshire on M1 - traffic was pretty good actually :driving::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Driving was surprisingly comfy and impressively nippy for a 100bhp petrol engine - certainly putting foot down the engine does sound a bit rough :eek:

Well

Met a top-notch gentleman - though the car was sat under a tree for god knows how long (covered in bird poo / tree saps / leaves in every gap, crack etc) - transaction was smooth, car was clean inside and and bodywork in very good shape - certainly for a 2012-plate it should be! :laughing:

Bad bits:

1. Missing Parcel Shelf (about £70 from eBay???)

2. All alloys well kerbed (will leave for now)

3. All 4 tyres are scruffed, cut or chunks missing - so might get some NEW all weather tyres (rather than summer and winter tyres)

2012 Mk1 Toyota Auris T-Spirit

Full Toyota Service (including 40k service :)) - but missing the 10k service :(

Keyless entry

Full spare wheel :yahoo:

tested over 100miles (air-con off, lights/ventilation/CD/satnav on part way)

at upto 70+mph (cough)(cough)

and many 50mph limits

traffic jams, accidents and quite a few times using POOOOWER!

And I average 65mpg :driving::driving::driving: :) :) :)

IMG_20150918_202620_zpsbqhktwxh.jpg

Now

to get best economy, not sure if:

1. Drive as fast to top speed and then light throttle

or

drive slowly to top speed?

2. slow down by gentle breaking

or

coast until near stop, then brake?

and

3. why when coasting or drive very slow the needle in the CHARGING sections,

but when BRAKING hard or stop needle is in the BOTTOM of the charging section (stopped moving)?????

you did check that you have the key for the locking nuts?

only just published Autoexpress All Season Tyre Test 2015 http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/92863/all-season-tyres-test-2015-top-all-weather-tyres-tested

• Like 1

you did check that you have the key for the locking nuts?

Funny u should say that....

me: Got locking nut key?

Seller: er, no

*Frantic search in the boot and glove compartment*

me: oh, knock some money off then?

Seller: no chance

me: "hello? Toyota? How much to remove lock nuts (without key) and supply/fit normal bolts?"

Toyota: £58

Sorted! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Got home

discovered there was a SECOND glove compartment above the 1st compartment - and the lock nut key there :yahoo::laughing::laughing::laughing:

• Like 1

Ah

So that's how its done :yahoo::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Item Price 12 month vehicle tax for vehicle registration KS12 NTX valid from 01 September 2015 £0.00 Total £0.00

Vehicle tax cannot be transferred when you buy or sell a vehicle.

Car is subject to a voluntary customer service campaign or outstanding safety recall although it was supposed to have a service at Toyota dealer in June?

He couldn't find / didn't know where the wheel lock nut key was kept?

Missing parcel shelf?

All alloys well kerbed?

All 4 tyres scruffed, cut or chunks missing?

Missing its 19K service stamp?

Where did you buy this thing - Swindlers List?

Car is subject to a voluntary customer service campaign or outstanding safety recall although it was supposed to have a service at Toyota dealer in June?

He couldn't find / didn't know where the wheel lock nut key was kept?

Missing parcel shelf?

All alloys well kerbed?

All 4 tyres scruffed, cut or chunks missing?

Missing its 19K service stamp?

Where did you buy this thing - Swindlers List?

19k stamp there, buddy!

Just missing the 10K one!

Well

I did consider all those MISSING factors - but still think it was worth it :toast:

Quick jet wash and clean inside glass with Mr Muscle and outside with RainX, looks good to me :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links