Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Auto To Manual Conversion

Vickimon

Hi guys,

I am from NZ and looking at buying an iQ to make quite the project out of it. I'm in the research stage at the moment while keeping a keen eye out for any iQs worth me buying.

The problem I have, is that as far as I can see, it is super super rare to get a manual unless its the rumoured RS version that Scion released?

That being said, does anyone have information on what manual box I could get into one of these? I was thinking maybe a yaris box could work with a bit of mechanical coersing?

Open to feedback here guys and happy to be a part of the community!

Watch this space and thanks in advance! :D

Vicki

Hi Vicki and welcome !!

Most iQ's in UK have manual gearboxes so plenty to choose from here if you're looking to ship to NZ

Dave

Hi Vicki and welcome !!

Most iQ's in UK have manual gearboxes so plenty to choose from here if you're looking to ship to NZ

Dave

Yuss!!

I have had a discussion with a mate of mine and we are going to look at the option of importing a full car from the UK, you seem to have better options interior wise as well. I was looking at replacing the seats but with the 12 air bags in them, I'm not so comfortable taking them out without installing a rollcage (which has heaps of restrictions in NZ).

Do you have any specs on the gearboxes by any chance? :)

There are two options in the UK

The iq's and iQ1 models come with the 1.0 litre, 3 cylinder engine and have a 5 speed manual gearbox.

The iQ3 models come with a 1.33 litre, 4 cylinder engine and come with a 6 speed manual gearbox.

I have the 1Q3 with the 6 speed box and it's great, Very quiet, smooth and does the job a gearbox is meant too. :)

I don't think any other gearboxes will fit from other models as the iQ is a bit unique that the engine sits behind the gearbox and the drive shafts run in front of the engine oil sump. The Aygo has the engine ahead of the driveshafts so the gearbox outputs are in the wrong place.

I always wondered is the complete drive train from another car could fit in the back of the iQ making a rear wheel drive one. :)

Craig.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links