Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2001 Hiace 2.4 Diesel Powerbus - Parking Brake Warning Light

dalangford

Very recently, with the engine idling in neutral, parking brake off, car stationary, the parking brake warning light 'flashes momentarily' on and then immediately off as the brake pedal is depressed. The light also 'flashes momentarily' on and then immediately off as brake pedal is released (the light does not stay on at all in either case). The light does not come on if the same is repeated with the car stationary and the engine above tick over. Neither does the light come on at any time when using the footbrake, when driving along. The front brake pads were renewed yesterday but this light fault persists and my garage is unable to trace any fault, but think it might be a faulty brake servo pressure switch. Unfortunately they do not have access to Toyota diagnostic equipment and their own is thus limited, so they can't definitively diagnose the fault. This light does not come on if the pressure switch is temporarily disconnected. The handbrake causes the parking brake light to come on immediately it is pulled upwards and stays on until completely released. The brakes work extremely effectively when used, especially so now that new front brake pads have been fitted. Is this a known problem and can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Tolkien Fan

Check the brake fluid level. Often the handbrake light doubles up as the low brake fluid warning.

Thanks for this, Alan, the brake fluid level was checked by the garage as well as me, and is on 'maximum'.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links