Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Working For It's Keep. Auris Hybrid Touring

offashead

Quick update. 10,000 mile first service today. No problems whatsoever. Oil and filter change, hybrid battery check and the rest of it all working 100%. Approx 4500 miles covered over the last 3 months in all sorts of traffic situations. Average consumption ( computer readout) around 63 mpg. Toyota dealer also did a full valet. Total cost for service, zero. I have another free service left. Happy days.

Congrats!

Why FREE?

Possibly a deal when buying the car I'm guessing.

Correct sir. When I bought it, they chucked in two free services, bless em. I must say the people at the dealership were very good, and explained all that was done ( not much ) in detail. However one thing baffled me. They say I need the brake fluid draining after 20,000 miles? Also they advised me to do a couple of sharp breaking exercises to keep the discs clean, something I don't tend to do as I am a light and early brake type of person.

Well they're wrong, from memory brake fluid is every 2 years regardless of mileage. Be it 5k in that time or 50k.

Brakes I wouldn't worry about, even if you're a light braker if you're doing the mileage then they should keep them self clean, and will scrub fairly well when braking in reverse as regen doesn't operate in reverse.

I never have to do the hard braking (or gentle braking in N) thing as I use the car daily. It also uses the real brakes below a certain speed - was 7 mph on the first 2 Prius generations, but may be slightly lower now.

• 7 months later...

Just an update on the working Auris. Recent service at 20,000 miles. Result, nothing needed. I did however buy two new front tyres for the car. Davanti DX390, very, very quiet. Toyota wanted a ridiculous amount for two tyres, so I passed.

Anyway, the car is still up in the high 60's mpg and often in the 70/80's, quite simply, amazing, no rattles and still looks like new.

My bill for fuel over 500 miles aprox, is, around 30 to 35 quid. That will do me.

Glad to hear your happy with your purchase, since Toyota hybrid technology is nearly 20 years old now, it has come on in leaps and bounds
.Just wish i had taken the plunge years ago.

:biggrin: