Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is Mk1auris T-spirit: London Congestion Charge Free?

Wayne2015

I though it wasn't as the TfL website says needs to be 75g/km and need to register for £10???

My 2012 Auris is 89g

But what does this compliance thing mean????

https://lowemissionzone.tfl.gov.uk/b/pb/lezComplianceProvideVRM.faces#

.Test2_zps2mljj61d.jpg

Either checker is wrong, or we are reading the results wrong as my car is a 2.0 petrol with 145g/m CO2 and it comes out as not subject to the charge :)

I though it wasn't as the TfL website says needs to be 75g/km and need to register for £10???

My 2012 Auris is 89g

But what does this compliance thing mean????

https://lowemissionzone.tfl.gov.uk/b/pb/lezComplianceProvideVRM.faces#

.Test2_zps2mljj61d.jpg
  • Like 1

Cheers

Must be wrong then

Actually I think my car is 89g/km

But was thinking wasn't it a while back when sub 100g/km cars were FREE?

You're getting confused between the LEZ (Low Emission Zone [great acronym!]) and CC (Congestion Charge) Zone:

• LEZ - currently only applies to large lorries, buses and coaches etc. (but in a year or two it will affect diesel cars that aren't EURO 6 compliant (most sold before 2014). Is active 24 hours every day, unlike the CC
  • CC - this is the one that car drivers currently have to pay - Cars or vans (not exceeding 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight) which emit 75g/km or less of CO2 and that meet the Euro 5 standard for air quality qualify for a 100% discount on the Congestion Charge

Cars (like mine!) that were registered for exemption when the change was made have been given an extension until 24 June 2016.

Drivers of vehicles that need to pay the LEZ charge will have to pay CC as well if they drive into the CC Zone.

Note that the LEZ is much bigger, and more or less is everything inside the M25!

• Like 1

You're getting confused between the LEZ (Low Emission Zone [great acronym!]) and CC (Congestion Charge) Zone:

• LEZ - currently only applies to large lorries, buses and coaches etc. (but in a year or two it will affect diesel cars that aren't EURO 6 compliant (most sold before 2014). Is active 24 hours every day, unlike the CC

• CC - this is the one that car drivers currently have to pay - Cars or vans (not exceeding 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight) which emit 75g/km or less of CO2 and that meet the Euro 5 standard for air quality qualify for a 100% discount on the Congestion Charge

Cars (like mine!) that were registered for exemption when the change was made have been given an extension until 24 June 2016.

Drivers of vehicles that need to pay the LEZ charge will have to pay CC as well if they drive into the CC Zone.

Note that the LEZ is much bigger, and more or less is everything inside the M25!

Thanks for clarification Pete :)

Shame then, that they sort of applied the new lower 75g/km restropectively (even if they have given an extension) :(

May I ask when they decreased to 75g/km?

I guess at one point that 75 will come down to ZERO to be in line with the new 2017 ZERO emission will ONLY qualify for ZERO road tax?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links