Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeaky Clutch Pedal?

tarantula_123

Hi,

My Corolla T Sport has been making a squeaky noise when engaging the clutch pedal recently. It is mainly near the top as soon as you press it.

Any suggestions?

Please see the video link I made below:

Thanks,

tarantula_123

• Like 1

It sounds more like a seizing cable , but assume your is hydraulic.

Its a problem covered often in the forum, generally its a case of getting under the dash and lubricating all the points around the clutch pedal, and, with some spray white grease, which is rubber safe, spraying the plunger that the pedal presses into the clutch master cylinder, which is often the source of the creak; it might take a day or so for the lub to work in.

If its more a sound from the engine bay, then again use some white grease on the slave cylinders plunger where it hits the mating surface of clutch lever / arm.

(do not try and spray inside the clutch bellhousing )

• Like 1

Hi,

What kind of cable?

I had a mechanic whilst doing my brakes have a look and he oiled what he could around the area and it still makes the sound. It is now making a squelching sound once pushed down further than the creaky sound.

I don't think it is coming from the engine bay. It is fairly loud enough in the cabin to make you think its coming from inside there.

Reckon it's worth a trip over to a Toyota dealer?

Thanks,

tarantula_123

Sounds like you need the assistance of a mechanic who can at least try what I suggested first before replacing any parts etc.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I had my rear brake shoes/pads/discs/bleed completed today.

I printed off what you said and left it for the mechanic to look at, and it is now cured, so thanks!

I am also really happy that the guy in Halfords changed my side lights and dipped lights (both sides) in less than 30 minutes. Considering how difficult people seem to say they are to change, I feel like I more than got my £14 worth for the fitting charge.

All that is left to do now is get two front tyres and a full cat back exhaust from Pipercross.

Thanks,

tarantula_123

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links