Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turn Signal Customization

Centre100

Hi folks

Just had my first service on Auris Hybrid Excel 2014 - I asked the Toyota Service to change the turn signal default setting from 3 flashes to 5 (typical use during lane changes). They were unable to find how to do this.

The Manual clearly states its a dealer only change.

Shock horror 'they' may have to contact Toyota to get advice!

Anyone else had this change done on this model?

Thanks for reading this.

Believe one or two have. If yours was the first request your dealer has had, presumably that's why they need to check how it is done .......

I would imagine via Toyota Techstream software.

I had the lane change flashers done by the Toyota dealer on my car so I've no doubt it can be done on yours. There is something you might want to try yourself, however, although it's supposedly for turning off the seat belt alarm. There might be further options on the Excel menu once you get into it.

1) Turn Ignition On and set you dash display to ODO

2) Turn Ignition Off

3) Turn Ignition On again within 5 seconds while pressing and holding Trip Reset Button

4) After 10 seconds Fasten Your Seatbelt. (Put belt buckle into slot)

5) The Display shows B-ON

6) Release The Trip and Press Again and The Display Shows B-OFF

7) Turn Ignition Off and Release Seat Belt.

I will chase the dealer before the weekend.

Glad it can be done.

Tom, I couldn't get into the menu, I guess the Excel is different. There is another menu access on the Hybrid with the power on, press the 'Car' button, rotate the light ring through extreme one way then back 3 times. A 'hidden' menu appears showing stuff thats not really much use. e.g. checking the DAB signal.

I had the lane change flashers done by the Toyota dealer on my car so I've no doubt it can be done on yours. There is something you might want to try yourself, however, although it's supposedly for turning off the seat belt alarm. There might be further options on the Excel menu once you get into it.

1) Turn Ignition On and set you dash display to ODO

2) Turn Ignition Off

3) Turn Ignition On again within 5 seconds while pressing and holding Trip Reset Button

4) After 10 seconds Fasten Your Seatbelt. (Put belt buckle into slot)

5) The Display shows B-ON

6) Release The Trip and Press Again and The Display Shows B-OFF

7) Turn Ignition Off and Release Seat Belt.

My Toyota dealer has had an email from Toyota that states this customization feature is no longer available. No reason given.

Cheers

You might want to check out the Lexus forum, there is info on how to do it to them and it may be the same procedures for Toyota.

Thanks, my initial search in the Lexus Forum didn't find find anything. I'll dig deeper this afternoon before I settle down to watch England v Wales.

Here’s the info from the Lexus site, don’t know whether it works or not ‘cos I don’t want to try it and maybe lose the 5 flash setting I’ve got right now. Let us know if it works and I’ll update my own thread on this subject.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/165639-adjusting-lane-change-indicators/

Lexus owner #1 says: The lane change flasher can be adjusted from no flashes, 3, 5, or 7 flashes this way:
1. Ignition OFF, hold wiper switch in the all the way up (OFF) position, turn ignition ON, engine not running, continue to hold the wiper switch in OFF position for 5 seconds or more
2. Move wiper switch down 1 position and HOLD for 5 seconds or more
3. Move the wiper switch up to OFF position and hold for 5 seconds or more
4. Move wiper switch down 1 position and hold for 5 seconds or more
5. Release the wiper switch. The right turn signal should flash 1 time
6. Place the intermittent wiper rotary switch in one of the following 4 positions
- P1 - all the way down = 3 flashes
- P2 - 1 up from the bottom = 5 flashes
- P3 - 2 up from the bottom = 7 flashes
- P4 - All the way up = no flashes
7. Pull the turn signal switch down the lane change position (not the turn signal
position) and release. The left turn signal should flash 2-4 times.
8. Turn the ignition OFF and then start the car and test.
======================/\====================
Lexus owner #2 says: Mine didn't work until I changed the directions slightly. What I did was pre-select my desired blinking position first prior to starting the remainder of the routine. It took the guess work out when you are at that step:
1) Select P1 (five blinks)
2) Hold wiper stalk OFF
3) Turn Ignition ON; continue to hold wiper stalk OFF for 5 seconds
4) Move position 1 down for 5 seconds
5) Up for another 5 seconds
6) Down for another 5 seconds
7) Release; right turn signal will blink once
8) Pull down on turns signal stalk
9) Left turn signal will blink 2-4 (in my case, it blinked 2 times for the "5 blinks"
courtesy feature).

OK folks

Tried both methods - no luck. Seems Lexus uses different software.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links