Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parts List And Throttle Response

spuddy10

So is there a parts list online anywhere for the E12? It always helps when buying parts having the numbers to save the dealers getting it wrong 3 times before the correct one turns up.

Also I've a question about the throttle response on the auto I've just got. It seems incredibly sensitive and the slightest whiff of throttle and it surges away. It's not too bad for me as I've been driving years but is a bit tricky for the other half as she's just passed her test.

Is this the same for other owners? And any ideas on making it a bit more progressive?

Cheers Spuddy.

Try this site: www.toyodiy.com, you'll need to register with your VIN number to view diagrams.

Strange, I can get to the parts lists but there aren't any diagrams to reference against?

just type in google 'toyota parts catalogue' there are a few out there. you will need your vin number

OK registered and logged in but no diagrams. Googled it and it seems Toyota have stopped them using the diagrams. Had a look on another site as suggested and got diagrams but not everything. this is the only car I've had that I've not been able to get the dealer repair instructions and full parts list.

P1010921_zps5iknx9at.jpg

Here's a pic of the items needed. I know I can probably get an aftermarket spring kit but the others I'll probably need from Toyota. Anyone got the numbers?

Cheers Spuddy.

Are they the defective parts or the good ones from the other side ?

If the former, whats wrong with them; bit surprised you need to replace the bottom metal plate ?

They get so little wear on them with being only the handbrake ..?

There are a few places selling rear drum fitting kits like this link , thought that one does not include the adjuster wheel.

This is the kit for my car, just put in your reg no and see what it says.

http://brakeparts.co.uk/#!/part/BSF0850

Surprised your previous experience of getting the right part is making you jump though so many hoops, I would take your photo to the dealer and with your reg/ vin they should produce a clear print out for you to see the parts they would order, well at least my smallish local dealer does.

Been following the Toyota forum for some years and generally not heard of folk normally trying to get Toyota part numbers for themselves before going to Toyota; be a nightmare it you had to.

Would not buy anything until you know what toyota can supply, they might only do that wheel as part of a complete kit.. ?

Are they the defective parts or the good ones from the other side ?

If the former, whats wrong with them; bit surprised you need to replace the bottom metal plate ?

They get so little wear on them with being only the handbrake ..?

There are a few places selling rear drum fitting kits like this link , thought that one does not include the adjuster wheel.

This is the kit for my car, just put in your reg no and see what it says.

http://brakeparts.co.uk/#!/part/BSF0850

Surprised your previous experience of getting the right part is making you jump though so many hoops, I would take your photo to the dealer and with your reg/ vin they should produce a clear print out for you to see the parts they would order, well at least my smallish local dealer does.

Been following the Toyota forum for some years and generally not heard of folk normally trying to get Toyota part numbers for themselves before going to Toyota; be a nightmare it you had to.

Would not buy anything until you know what toyota can supply, they might only do that wheel as part of a complete kit.. ?

Ok confession time, I made a **** up fitting the shoes on one side. I'd fitted one side fine but when I came to do the other here was rub from the shoes. The adjuster was at it minimum and I couldn't get my head around why it didn't work. The only thing I could think of was that it was the poor fitting of aftermarket parts. I had a similar thing many years ago on my triumph and with a little bit of filing here and there got them to work.

Well I guessed it must be the same so a bit a filing a tenth here and a tenth there (basically smoothing castings it almost worked and there was nearly enough clearance so the brakes didn't rub, but inside I knew it didn't feel right.) Anyway I eventually took the other side apart again and immediately saw the issue. After much kicking myself I then turned the adjuster piece 90 degs in a slightly different location on the shoes. Basically I had it in the wrong place. :oops:

After much knashing of teeth and my OCD kicking in I ordered some new shoes and wanted the other bits I'd "altered" (even though it was a small amount) replacing. It turns out the adjuster from Toyota is £53 so I'll live with that.

And that's the flippin' reason I needed those bits. A £30 quid mistake but it's been a while since I worked on cars so I won't beat myself up to badly.

As for the part numbers I'm at work when the dealers are open so everything has to be over the phone. Whether it's with my cars or bikes I've always had the part numbers as it avoids any confusion when I go to pick them up to find they're wrong. Actually the 1st set of shoes turned out to be wrong but my local factors who's mistake it was really helped me out by bringing the correct ones to my house! :clap:

So that's my rubbish story on why I needed them bits. Oh, I did buy the spring kit you found. Thanks.

As for using Japan-Parts, that's the site I've also used but it doesn't show anywhere near enough diagrams/numbers as far as I can see. Either I'm missing something or a lot of the car is missing?

Cheers Spuddy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links