Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust Isnt Right

Mr Gryle

Hi I have a celica 190 2001 and it appears to have the exhaust back box and centre pipe of a 140.

Does anyone know if this is OK. Does it effect power or fuel economy? Also I can't seem to find just the center pipe for sale anywhere.

Hope someone knows if this is OK as I don't want to spend 400 on a whole new system...

Should ideally be from a 190 as the 140 pipe is smaller than the 190, so you'll probably notice a loss in power.

Don't see how the middle section would fit to the exhaust manifold unless it's been welded on.

Pretty hard to find an exhaust for a 190 other than the dealers, as most systems sold are for a 140, unless you look for a seond hand one.

The back box connects to the centre pipe then it looks like a bad weld to just after the cat it came apart after some high rev driving. Temporarily reconnected it with some steel sheet and jubilee clips for now with gun gum til candid something more permanent. Would a decat exhaust Fail emissions test ? It knocks it down a few quid. As long as its just a loss of power I will have to wait til I can afford a new one but mot is in a couple of weeks and only spotted it was the wrong one when it broke And I read the repair manual

Cheers for ur reply.

You will always fail a MOT with a decat exhaust as it won't meet the emissions needed to pass.

That's unless you know someone who does dodgy MOT's, but then what else are they letting go on your car that might make it unsafe