Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lights

TranceTrousers

Is it possible to change the standard, rather dim and yellowish, side and headlights for something brighter and whiter?

I'd like them to match as close as possible the LED daytime running lights I fitted to my Aygo last year.

The bulb changing procedure in the old Aygo is a pain in the neck. Do you really want those high power shorter life bulbs mentioned above, compared to for example longer life Philips or Osram bulbs?

The bulb changing procedure in the old Aygo is a pain in the neck. Do you really want those high power shorter life bulbs mentioned above, compared to for example longer life Philips or Osram bulbs?

the hard part i find is removing the connector from the bulb after that its a 5 minute job.per side,as with shorter life we have always had a couple of winters out of a set of bulbs.

That's all very helpful, thank you. So that's the headlight bulbs sorted, which ones should I get for the side lights?

I realise that changing the bulbs will be a nightmare, I can tell that just by looking at them. I haven't had to do it yet but I'm not looking forward to it!

becarefull if you are changing to leds for the side lights ,as i changed ours when we had ours ,the leds aren't as secure as a bulb ,

and during fitting i pulled the bulb holder out of the light and the led fell out of the holder,i then had to remove the front bumper

and the headlight to retrieve the led.

So LEDs for sidelights? Which ones can you recommend?

i used some leds like these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Error-Free-Canbus-T10-194-168-W5W-501-5050-5-SMD-LED-White-Car-Side-Light-/371166602811?hash=item566b40e63b

if you have a hot glue gun once the led is in place i would put a small amount of glue across the bulb & holder just to make sure that when your wiggling the

holder to refit it you dont pop the led out,as i said earlier i had to remove the front bumper and headlight to get the led that fell inside the headlight.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just changed the headlights and sidelights on my Aygo! I went and bought some Bosch Pure Lights from Halfords, bit the bullet and gave it a go. It was a bit of a faff to say the least but I managed to change all four lights ok, and without moving the Battery too! It wasn't quite as much of a nightmare as I was expecting, and I probably wouldn't even have attempted it at all if it weren't for all of the useful information provided by the other members on here. I feel like I've passed some sort of initiation test! I realise the Pure Lights probably aren't going to be as white as I'd like, but I figured they had to be better than what was already fitted, plus I've actually done it now so I'll feel a lot more confident about changing the bulbs again in the future. The only thing I noticed was that one of the headlight rubber things was broken and there was only half of it remaining. Any idea what these are called exactly and where I can get one from?

Send Parts King a personal message detailing your car (reg no) and what you want.

I sent him a PM but he said they aren't available as a spare part :-(

I haven't been very happy with the Bosch Pure Light bulbs I fitted, so while browsing the Halfords website for something better I came across these http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs-blades-batteries/car-bulbs/halfords-super-brilliant-blue-hbu472sbb-h4-car-bulb-x-1

They're called 'blue' bulbs, but after reading all the reviews that said they actually look white, I took the Pure Lights back and exchanged them for these instead. I've just fitted them and they do indeed produce a lovely bright white light! They're exactly what I was looking for in the first place, and a bargain too at £15 each with BOGOF. The only problem is that they make my sidelights look distinctly dim and yellow. If I were to change them for LEDs instead would they be legal and pass an MOT?

http://auto-kat.com/index.php?route=saleepc/toyota/parts&region=EUR&modification=3971&group=8101&page=1

81115B 811390D010 SOCKET,HEADLAMP, NO.1 KGB10,WNB10
2/2005 - 12/2008

I think that's the part you are after.

No idea whether you can get it over the counter or not though.

Thanks for that, but I've been to my local Toyota dealer today and ordered one from them. I should get it tomorrow. Can anyone answer my question about the LEDs?

As long as you are displaying white light to the front, it won't be an issue with MOT. If you are fitting white light that displays as too blue ... then you may get told to change them.

when i had a mercedes i asked my dealer to fit the leds for me during a service as they where a bugger to get to

and i had no problems later on with its 1st mot,as long as you dont get the blueish colour you should be ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Well they were a bit rubbish - more blue than white and not very bright either. Still, they only cost 99p so I probably shouldn't be too surprised! I bought these ones from Halfords instead http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs-blades-batteries/car-bulbs/halfords-premium-501-w5w-led-car-bulbs

They're just what I was looking for, and much MUCH better than the ones from eBay. They're really bright and give out a pure white light. In fact it's so white they make my headlights look distinctly off-white now :laughing:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links