Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing The Reverse Warning Buzzer To "beeps Once"

Alan_L

Hi - I am aware I am posting about a subject that appears in other forums.

I have a 65 plate Auris Hybrid, Business edition. It is fitted with a rear camera for reversing. When I reverse, it beeps continuously - a distraction and masks other sounds I'd normally use to check that I'm manoeuvring safely.

Has any other new Auris owner successfully had this setting changed ??

The factory setting when reversing is that the reverse warning buzzer "Beeps repeatedly". Referring to the manual "UK AURIS_HV_HB_OM_EE_OM12J68E" states that there are customizable features via either 1) navigation multi-media system, 2) Meter control switches or 3) or by qualified and equipped professional

The manual (p545) states that the "Reverse warning buzzer" can be changed to "Beeps once".

I took the car to my local dealer who use Techstream to connect to the car. The engineer was unable to find any configurable settings (e.g. in the Warnings section) to change the Reverse warning buzzer.

So I left the dealer without having the setting changed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

Thank you. Interesting to see how "average" the Toyota software is - buggy and clunky. Will wait to see an update to when a guy is available.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

The issue only applies to the facelift Auris.

Sorry to appear ill-informed by facelift do you mean the new model?. Mine is the new model.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

The 'new' model is the mid-life facelift of the second generation Auris (2012 onwards).

I had mine changed in one beep without any problems at service. But I am not in the UK.

My dealer in Chesterfield is adamant that it can't be done.

my future servicing dealer in Mansfield (More convenient as they are close to work) is adamant that it can be done and will make the change on Monday 05th. (if he can't he will owe me a pint and query with Toyota)

I'll let you know.

Hi - I received a call from the technician at my local dealer. He has followed up with Toyota, and confirmed that the setting is not available to change, in the current version of the technicians software (Techstream I think). The feedback received is that whilst the setting was previously available, it is not available for the latest model Auris.

I've posted a question on the Toyota UK facebook page asking for an update on when the setting will be re-instated.

Thank you to those who posted responses.

A

All done.

Mine is a facelift auris excel hybrid and the dealer has silenced the reverse beep. only soulds once and thats it.

Hsppy

Presumably the dealer has done what Devon Aygo (who works for a Toyota dealer) posted in the thread I linked to at post 2.

I have a basic obd2 reader and I have found many settings with an app on the iPhone that can be changed. For how long the 'follow-me-home' headlamps stay on, also the seatbelt buzzers and also the reverse beep, there is the option of no beep, one beep and continuous as it is from the factory. I will post some photos tomorrow if i can and show you all the settings that can be changed, it takes about 10 min to change the setting but it is so easy. There are also options where you can stop the air con going into recalculate mode automatically. Hope this helps, if i can do all this with an eBay obd2 reader and an iPhone, then surely the dealer must be able to do basics like the reverse beep.

Had my 2014 Excel Hybrid Auris reverse bleeper converted to one bleep at the dealers last week without any problem at all, but, asking them to convert the three flash indicator to either five or seven totally confused them.

They say it's nowhere on their system, although the handbook states it's a dealer option, so they are now contacting Toyota direct.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm a new owner of a "2015 model" Auris Hybrid :) The "Reverse Beep" function makes me crazy, too :) My dealer told it's not possible to turn it off :( May I ask if anybody had luck with a 2015 (newest facelift up-to-date) model?

i have turned our 13 plate auris hybrid to a single beep using the carista app on my phone

with a bluetooth obd2 adapter, its a really good app,a couple of months ago i had an ambulance

roll back and gently nudge my front bumper it set off the popup bonnet warning on my IS and the app

even diagnosed 2 airbag fault codes and reset them so its an app worth having.

The reverse beep cannot be turned off completely but can be set to beep once by a dealer.

There was a bug in the techstream software that hid this option on the facelifted models, if this has not been fixed there is a workaround that involves connecting to a pre-facelift model first and after selecting the beep option then connecting to the facelifted model (as mentioned in a post above).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links