Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seat Comfort

Martin1973

our baby was 14 months old and kath started finding it awkward to get him in the car seat

due to the opening for the rear door and also how high the baby seat sat whilst in the car,

she kept on complaining of back pain as she had to lift him in above the rear footwell and then lift

him into his seat.

i couldn't believe how much we lost but hey its only money you can always make some more.

we then bought a micra had it for 6 weeks and returned it to the dealer holdcroft nissan are CR AP

and from feb 15 kath has a jazz hybrid, next year we will swap her jazz for a 13 / 14 plate auris hybrid

we lost £5250 after 6 months on a brand new 14plate aygo paid £11250 and sold for £6000 ,toyota where we bought it from offered us even less.

have a test drive of a lexus ct i used to have one they are pretty comfy even better if you can get one with power seats as they have more adjustments

on them .

Never own a depreciating asset. Leased my last 3 cars .. ( two of them at 0% interest) New car every 3 years for a couple of hundred quid a month.... may not suit some , particularly those that do high mileage.. but It works for me and I would never BUY a car again.

i always buy kaths cars for cash if i cant afford to buy it outright she doesn't get it,my own car is on a pcp plan.

it doesn't matter if you purchase or lease you will still suffer a loss,

leasing i.e. £250 x 42 months = £10500 + £5000 deposit = £15500

this is what you will be giving away if you change your car at the end ,as the gfv is normally what the car will be worth

so you wont have much equity at the end.

we lost £5250 after 6 months on a brand new 14plate aygo paid £11250 and sold for £6000 ,toyota where we bought it from offered us even less.

have a test drive of a lexus ct i used to have one they are pretty comfy even better if you can get one with power seats as they have more adjustments

on them .

Never own a depreciating asset. Leased my last 3 cars .. ( two of them at 0% interest) New car every 3 years for a couple of hundred quid a month.... may not suit some , particularly those that do high mileage.. but It works for me and I would never BUY a car again.

I do appreciate why leasing is tempting for some - especially those that don't know their way around cars and want fuss-free motoring (not to mention the stigma of having a new car) but I would seriously baulk at losing £200pm over 36 months. £7200 is a lot of dough for the use of a car for 3 years. I usually buy cars at around 5 or 6 years old (providing the mileage is sensible) when 60~70% of the depreciation has occurred but the car still has plenty of life left and wont need any major mechanical work. For example, my 2006 Aygo with 55k miles was £3k. I would expect it to last me 5 years at least but even if it's simply scrapped after that time, it has cost me £600 a year to run (excluding consumables which would apply to any car) and even this amount of loss upsets me! In the past I have gone down the route of buying 'runarounds' for say £500 but it's risky even if they only last a year. Paying £600 a year for far less risk is the better option I find. In any event, you wont get me anywhere near a new car showroom, nor a lease contract for that matter. Horses for courses.

At the risk of taking this thread even further off topic. I don't "baulk" at what I pay every month to have use of a new reliable and cheap motoring. It is a cost of living that I am happy to pay. I've spent lifetime owning 3 year old" bargains" and unreliable wrecks that I dread impending MOTs. As has been said horses for courses.

Well I have sold the Aygo. The advert said go fun yourself and it wasn't fun for me at all. Decided it was easier to cut my losses as you can't put a price on health.

Newer cars lose money faster although I couldnt live driving unreliable old bangers. Been there and I would rather pay for something of better quality. Each to there own I guess.

The same car as my wife has which is a Vauxhall Astra. May not be as well built as a Toyota but is a lot more comfortable. I just found the Aygo too cramp, uncomfortable and dull. The mirror link never worked and had the start of the clonking noise from the rear. The plus side was it was great on fuel, 68mpg, cheap running costs and looked good too. It's put me off city cars for life.

Then again the Astra is two market segments above the Aygo, so should be more comfortable, etc.

I still the Aygo is a great little runabout I think for me it's just city cars in general are not good for me as I approach my middle years. I'm gutted as lost £1,500 in two months but guess it could have been worse. The new Aygo looks well built.

Plus side for me was

Running costs

Build quality

Long warranty

Downside was

Expensive compared to some rivals

Rear space seemed smaller than original

Poor Comfort

Uninspiring drive

i feel losing £1500 you got off pretty lightly when you think as soon as you leave the dealership

you have lost 20% vat + £600'ish otr costs and then depreciation for age & milage

i certainly wouldn't complain.

when we sold ours the new model had been released 4 months earlier so that didn't help

us to get a good part exchange deal as all values had gone down for the facelifted aygo

I bought it ex demo so already had £2.5k off so sold it at £8k, which is £4K off list price. Ex demos are a good way to get a new car cheap. They don't seem to be holding their value very well but maybe it's just the time of the year.

• 1 month later...

They can't seem to sell my old Aygo I part exchanged. There are 10 on the market within 8 miles on Autotrader. So if anyone in Essex wants a bargain city car then go for it as he might drop the price further.