Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Faulty Heater Core?

Darkaragon

Hello,

As the title suggest: first diagnose: Heater core gone. My passenger footwell is wet, sickly sweet smell, and visibly leaking from the white box behind the glove box, mist coming from vents but also hot air is still working. Nowhere I can find a guide on how to remove the dashboard on a gen6 or for that matter find a core. I love the old girl to bits, but now after spending so much the past 4 weeks on things to fix comes the question: is it worth to keep going or should I consider scrapping her?

I would appreciate any guides or info on the core and dashboard.

It is a ST202 GT 2.0L twin cam 16V, 195kmileage, new thermostat and waterpump if this helps.

heater matrix fubbared.!.....matrix is not expensive I think...but it's a bit of a PITA to do it...a few hours work I reckon.

Do a search on here (Celica heater matrix) for more details/help etc.

Neil

Cheers,

Found this

Which I assume is the same in a ST202.

Any suggestions where I can find the right core as google gives me gen7's all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

much to fiddly to remove ,do what i have done bypass it by removing the two pipes at the left hand side going into the bulk head and fitting a u bend to both rubber pipes also can any one help me by telling me how to remove instrument cluster on 1991 celice gtr 4w/s

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links