Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Let There Be Light !

Adam Evans

How is the light removed from the roof the light is really poor especially now the nights are drawing in i have some mr16 bulbs.

There are plenty of tutorials on here of how to remove the dome light.

Its basically just pull and it will come out, there is a clip underneath it but you should feel it

Every time somebody upgrades their centre light it gets closer and closer to this

alx%2014w%20downlight%20kit%20round%20wh

Adam, As requested in PM. The blue light from the trip computer can look a little dull during daylight (in rain or fog) when headlights/sidelights are on as otherwise it would be too bright at night. I think it's fine, but others might not. I much prefer this colour to the original. David -Tarquin- made the changes on our car, and I again thank him for that as now it is more individual. I have no regrets with this colour, but wonder if I had 'imagined' other colours would I have chosen another one. Take your time deciding, as it's a mega fiddly job.

post-113536-0-59612600-1444504338_thumb.

post-113536-0-91171300-1444504354_thumb.

post-113536-0-28742900-1444504388_thumb.

post-113536-0-69758200-1444504406_thumb.

post-113536-0-60378300-1444504440_thumb.

post-113536-0-63645500-1444504502_thumb.

Thanks Bob

How did you get the Miles and Km's to be different colours ?

Thanks

They are the same colour Adam its just the way thr camera has picked it up

David

Thanks Bob

How did you get the Miles and Km's to be different colours ?

Thanks

What David said. It does look different, but they are the same colour. It actually looks good like that, but I don't think it would be possible for them to be different due to the LED placement. I'm sure David could explain more, as I can't recall if there is just one row of LED's for the speedometer numbers.

I was thinking of putting in white LED and a piece of cyan film to act like a filter.

Maybe I might go about it this way?

Think its just the 4 LED's for the speedo. Can't remember. But you have done it now Adam so you already know. The Aston Martin dash is White

David

Yes it was just 4 LED's

I am debating on taking them out and replacing them with white or cyan.

If I replace with white then I can add a coloured filter onto the back of the speedo and have whatever colour I want then

True but what about matching them to the rest of the switches etc. thought you were getting some LED's from Ali Baba

David

Yes I have, I was thinking of replacing all LED's in the car with the turquoise blue apart from the dash dials which I would make white, this would be so that I can add a turquoise filter over the Miles and leave the Km's white

Looking good Adam. I think your idea would ne good. Where in the country are you

David

I am in Merseyside. What are you thinking ?

Thanks, I might just take you up on your offer :P

I don't think I am confident enough on taking the front off of the TNS510 myself

Just taken the plunge and ordered a load of LED's myself.

Thinking of blue switches with green digital displays. I have tried this colour on my new radio and I think it looks quite good.

Will keep you posted how the soldering goes.

Love the post it note idea!

Craig.

Post it note idea looks brilliant.

I have found that even with the lights on the lowest setting I find the blue too dazzling

Horses for courses. i like it. I have a different gear change knob that lights up a thin ring of blue when you touch it. It has its own Battery in it. Itties out if you dont touch it for 30 sec. Which i dont as mines auto

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links