Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Options

Auris Girl 08

Hello Friends

I got busted the other day for holding my phone in my hand whilst stationary at traffic lights looking at google maps to find which was quickest to get home. Funny thing is , its an offence to use the sat nav on your phone, but not an offence to use a sat nav device which is also touch screen.

So im thinking I need to bluetooth my car so I don't need to touch my phone, even to take calls. Because its not worth the headache or the risk of getting caught, as you don't know what they will throw at you.

I still got the factory fitted stereo and want to keep it. So don't really want to change the stereo, because a new one starts looking out of place in line with rest of the dash. Although built in to the stereo is a good idea and I know all the newer cars have these now.

What options do it have for bluetooth hands free?

I had a Jabra handsfree unit, that one that slides under the sun viser, but that was rubbish as the person on the other end could hear nothing but traffic.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

I'm not sure about the stereo but I've heard Parrot systems are decent.

Is it definitely an offence to use sat nav on your phone in the car? Or is it just if you touch it? I usually set mine up and just leave it be.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Example of the guidance on using a mobile phone or sat nav -

http://think.direct.gov.uk/mobile-phones.html

Using a sat nav touch screen whilst driving can be considered the same as using a hand held mobile phone - it is a distraction that divert's one's attention from driving. So if police don't think you're in control of a vehicle whilst using a sat nav touch screen, one can still be penailsed.

As with hand held mobile phones, using a sat nav touch screen should only be done whilst parked.

Obviously learnt the hard way :no:

Am looking at the Parrot devices.

I bought the Toyota Touch hu from eBay for 150£. It has bt hf and audio streaming.

Lähetetty minun SM-T310 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

This might be of help: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/169513-added-usbbluetooth-adaptor-to-w53828-in-avensis-mk3/

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/50-how-to-add-usb-adapter-to-avensis-t27-with-w53828-cd-stereo/

This gives me extras over just bluetooth, like MP3 via USB memory stick, and works from the steering wheel controls. It is a simple plug in to the changer port, at the rear of the radio.

I have used a system like the Parrot, which also can play music too in my other car, a Mk1 Avensis.

The fine is more than the cost of what I paid for my kits, and the points add more.

You are doing the right thing.

Don't get parrot I bought this system off of Amazon it's better than parrot can be completely stealth and takes about 5 mins to fit

USB SD AUX MP3 Adapter for Toyota: Auris / Avensis T25 03-09 / Corolla Verso / 120 04-09 / Hilux from 04 / RAV4 06-11 / Yaris XP9 06-11 / LEXUS IS 05-09 / GS 05.09 / RX 04-09 / SC 43

This is the item on Amazon has bluetooth, has aux, has USB, has memory card I get what connections I wanted into the top glove box as already a cut out for iPod connection it's really easy to fit

post-130759-144408548287_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi smudge

I already got the yatour. I got it off eBay last year. Lost a few screws down the back of my stereo and a socket when i was trying to fit it.

Anyway, i needed to get the bluetooth bit with the mic but the people who i got it off on eBay are not on there anymore and i dont know where else to get it from as its a Chinese gadget.

Do u know where i can get it from?

Hi Smudge: where do put the bluetooth adaptor. Does it have to be visible or can it hide away in the glove. My yatour device is just sitting in the lower glove. I didnt mount it or anything.

You get 2 mics right? Where did u put them?

I took the glove box out used a 3m sticky pad and mounted the unit behind the glovebox on the back dash ... The wires are all fed into the top glove box with the little bluetooth button thing in there also behind my boost gauge and the Mic I have been playing with but so far I have mounted it on top of the dash on drivers side of stereo out from the silver trim that clips on if you get what I mean

Hi smudge

I already got the yatour. I got it off ebay last year. Lost a few screws down the back of my stereo and a socket when i was trying to fit it.

Anyway, i needed to get the bluetooth bit with the mic but the people who i got it off on ebay are not on there anymore and i dont know where else to get it from as its a Chinese gadget.

Have you tried eBay? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-Adapter-For-Yatour-M05-M06-Music-Changer-M07-Digital-Media-Changer-/261334554333?hash=item3cd8c0d6dd

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yatour-Bluetooth-module-for-BT-Yatour-interface-USB-SD-AUX-MP3-Interface-Adapter-/111191460246?hash=item19e3870996

That's purely the adaptor you need the actual unit itself

I have the unit already which the adaptor plugs into.

• Like 1

Hi smudge

I already got the yatour. I got it off ebay last year. Lost a few screws down the back of my stereo and a socket when i was trying to fit it.

Anyway, i needed to get the bluetooth bit with the mic but the people who i got it off on ebay are not on there anymore and i dont know where else to get it from as its a Chinese gadget.

Have you tried eBay? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-Adapter-For-Yatour-M05-M06-Music-Changer-M07-Digital-Media-Changer-/261334554333?hash=item3cd8c0d6dd

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yatour-Bluetooth-module-for-BT-Yatour-interface-USB-SD-AUX-MP3-Interface-Adapter-/111191460246?hash=item19e3870996

I have the unit already which the adaptor plugs into.

That is why I posted the links. I read your post on what you wanted.

Go for the German supplier as the lead time is shorter, plus it will be cheaper. The Chinese supplier cost more including postage. and wait time is long.

Thanks konrad, I ordered this one.

Thanks smudge

Thanks to everyone who posted back....

Im never going to touch my phone again in my car, even if im stationary and the lights are red....

• Like 1

the first pic shows where my microphone is

post-130759-0-83727400-1444850695_thumb.

the second photo shows where im considering moving it too

post-130759-0-24781200-1444850723_thumb.