Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Brakes Backing Plates

deadhand

Hello everyone. Sorry if this question is in the wrong section but I'm in a bit of a pickle.

My recently bought 04 corolla has just been in for a service & the rear backing plates are completely rusted away to almost nothing. The garage has priced up new backing plates from Toyota as it's the only place that supposedly does them & they're going to cost about £250 each & that is without fitting.

The mechanic suggested that maybe i should search online for some cheaper alternatives but so far I've found nothing.

So I'm turning to you guys in the hope that you might know somewhere a little less expensive

deadhand

Hello Doug and welcome to the board. The cost of back plates in the UK is horrendous, not just on Toyotas - i think they're overpriced on other makes too.

Trouble is they're manufacturers parts and probably not in enough demand for aftermarket suppliers to spend money tooling up to make them.

If you look at this post you'll see someone who was being quoted £960 for back plates for his RAV4 - doesn't help you any i know but there's others feeling the pain http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/166448-rear-brake-backing-plates/

What's amazing is there's other countries where they seem able to offer them for as little as $46 like these guys http://www.villagetoyotaparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=342556&ukey_make=1021&modelYear=2003&ukey_model=14407

again that doesn't help you any.

I'd think you'd be lucky to find any in a breakers yard but you never know, maybe back plates from an earlir model might also fit yours. Best of British in your search.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links