Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice Needed On Rav 4 Front Fog Lights

whippet2015

Hi All, need some advice about year 2004 to 2006 rav 4 front fog lights, i currently have a Daihatsu sirion 1.5sx which has the big fog lights in the front bumper, but one fog light is missing and i am struggling to get a replacement from daihatsu, i have researched and think the 2003 to 2006 rav 4 fog lights are the same i think, the lens is not quite round, slightly longer in width than in height, with daihatsu being part of Toyota i presume the used parts from the Toyota parts bin, if anyone who owns a rav4 this age could roughly measure the lens that would be great, i am in the uk , any info would be appreciated.

Been advised it would be the generation 2 model up to 2005

Hi David

My fog light lenses measure 137mm wide and 117mm high.

John

Thanks John, will check the one i have, much appreciated, David

Hi John, just measured the fog light i have and it is exactly the same dimensions, so Daihatsu must of used the Toyota parts bin, was going to buy one from a breakers but have found new pattern ones at micks garage.co.uk at £39 each, unless anyone knows of any other suppliers, Thanks David.

Daihatsu have produced several models which are sold in some markets as Toyotas, and have co -developed some models with Toyota.

Examples: the Daihatsu Boon is sold in some markets as the Sirion, Subaru Justy and Toyota Passo, and is licence built in Malaysia by Perodua as the Myvi; the Daihatsu Terios was also sold as the Toyota Cami and Toyota Rush; etc.

Daihatsu also sold a five seat version of the Toyota Prius+ as the Daihatsu Mebius, and a version of the Toyota Camry as the Daihatsu Altis.

There are these on eBay -http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-RAV-4-Mk2-2-2006-2008-Front-Fog-Lights-Lamps-1-Pair-O-S-N-S-/201162682944?fits=Car+Make%3AToyota%7CModel%3ARAV+4%7CCars+Year%3A2004&hash=item2ed63af240

The fog lights on eBay are from a generation 3 rav 4, they would be suitable for the Daihatsu materia but not the sirion as the sirion sx uses bigger fog lights, i have just purchased a new left hand fog light from eBay brand new £34.95 including postage they had one left and luckily left side, as you say the sirion is sold with different badges, pity Daihatsu no longer bring cars into the uk or Europe, Great cars with superb reliabilty, also the citreon c1, toyota aygo and peogeut 107 used the Daihatsu 1litre 3 cylinder engine , it was the lightest production car engine in the world at i think 67kg also uses a timing chain, Thanks for all the replies,appreciated, David.

David. That does sound a bit expensive. If you are anywhere near Pease Pottage, it may be worth a trip to Bridge's breakers yard which is just off the A23/M23 roundabout. They have a lot of such things on shelves in a warehouse at reception. Or you can browse the piles of scrap vehicles.

Good luck

John

Hi John, there are a lot of generation 2 rav 4 being broken but all wanted around £30, so for the extra £5 thought i would get new, David

Thanks for all the replies and advice guys, i have now fitted the fog light mentioned with a big saving buying a pattern part, i have put the relevant information on the Daihatsu uk forum which might help owners in the future, Best Regards David.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links