Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T27 Engine Ventilation Hose

Berengaria

On the T27 1.8 v-matic engine, there's a short rubber hose that's secured with two spring band clips to a unit that the air cleaner intake attaches to - see part 12261 here:

www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2008/avensis/zrt271-awfepw/2_273560_041_410W/tool-engine-fuel/1201_ventilation-hose

I want to replace the spring band clamps because they're turning rusty. Question is, am I going to cause any problems if I just go in and remove / replace the clips and refit the hose? If it's a ventilation hose, then there shouldn't be any water to lose, but loss of a permanent vacuum could cause issues I suppose.

The hose you mention is the one to the PCValve, if I am correct. Yes it is a ventilation hose so no coolant loss.

If you cannot reach behind the inlet manifold to access the PCV end, a lot of removal will be needed. This will include disconnecting coolant hoses to the throttle body.

Funnily, I was looking at videos before your post. They should give you an idea.

Hope this gives you an idea, if the access is tight. If you can undo the clip and slide it up the hose, that should be easier.

Thanks Konrad. I won't bother doing the job if it involves all that hassle, just for a couple of clips, but both are easy access and can be got at fairly easily it seems with some spring band clamp special pliers.

In theory, once I've released the clamp and moved it back along the hose, I could pull the hose off, remove the old clip, slide on the new one, refit the hose and then reset the new clip in position.

The main thing though was making sure that taking off the ends of the hose wasn't going to cause the engine not to start afterwards.

• Like 1

I don't see any problems removing a hose but if you're worried about it can't you simply bend them "too big", and slip them off/on without removing the hose?

Anybody notice that, in the second video at 8.35, the guy forgot to reconnect the hose before he replaced the inlet manifold?

post-140480-0-62334200-1444465946_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I ordered what I though were the right clips from Toyota by using the link to the official Toyota parts site (parts 90467-23002 and 90467-15120 for the ventilation hose. Turns out the hose and clips I'm trying to replace aren't the ventilation hose as the slips are totally different (wire as opposed to spring band clamps). Unfortunately, the parts diagrams don't work for all the other images for the part that this hose connects to.

So, the question's out there again - what is the hose for and, will it cause any problems if I pull it off to replace the clamps?

I've taken a picture, but haven't a clue how to load it onto here - the best thing I can say is that the hose and clamps I'm talking about are the ones that the guy's finger in the yellow glove is pointing straight to in the image for the second YouTube video in Konrad C's post, above.

the guy in the video tells you, it's the coolant hose for fhe throttle body along with the other one to the r ight of it. If you disconnect these hoses then coolant will run out

Cheers - in that case, I'll be leaving well alone! I'll probably have the clips changes in about 2 years when the coolant change will be due when it's serviced.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links