Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Auris Hybrid 17" Wheels Replaced With 15" Or 16"

tonino

OK, I have finally switched to winter tyres on 16's and the difference is huuuuuuuuge! The ride is way more comfortable compared to the 17's. I can also confirm that Auris that came on 17's has bigger brakes and can't be fitted with 15-inch wheels. After I fitted the 16's, there was only a couple of millimeters space left between wheel and caliper, so absolutely not possible!

Svetoslav, did you get any improvement in the fuel consumption with the smaller 16" wheels? Also what make tyres had you fitted to the car? Do you think if I get 16" wheels and fit on them summer eco tyres I will get better fuel efficiency and comfort instead of the 17" wheels?

Thanks

I previously had 195/65 R15 wheels and an average fuel consumption 50.44 mpg, and now I have 205/50 R17 with a consumption of 47.88 mpg. With all this stuff I wouldn't change my 17s at all !

OK, I have finally switched to winter tyres on 16's and the difference is huuuuuuuuge! The ride is way more comfortable compared to the 17's. I can also confirm that Auris that came on 17's has bigger brakes and can't be fitted with 15-inch wheels. After I fitted the 16's, there was only a couple of millimeters space left between wheel and caliper, so absolutely not possible!

Svetoslav, did you get any improvement in the fuel consumption with the smaller 16" wheels? Also what make tyres had you fitted to the car? Do you think if I get 16" wheels and fit on them summer eco tyres I will get better fuel efficiency and comfort instead of the 17" wheels?

Thanks

Ummm... Not really. The MPG is the same, the only improvement is the ride - way more comfortable than the 17's! The ride on the 17's was pretty bumpy, whereas the 16's have "more meat", so going through pavement and potholes isn't that rough.

Thank you, I think just for the comfort it's worth it to change the wheels. If I buy Auris for myself will do that.

Thanks again

Thanks

Sorry, missed part of your question... I fitted Nokian WR D4. Good dry handling, low noise on smooth roads, but quite noisy on grainy tarmac. Can't give feedback for snow handling as we haven't had any snow yet to test their performance.

Thank you, I think just for the comfort it's worth it to change the wheels. If I buy Auris for myself will do that.

Thanks again

You are welcome.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links