Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Clutch Vibration

Lbo

Hi

We have just collected (5th Oct 2015) a nearly new Auris Touring Sports Hybrid and an older IQ (2010) from local main dealer. We have had an IQ before so were expecting some vibration....but we have returned the car to the dealer....massive vibration throughout the car on acceleration in any gear.....this stops when depressing the clutch. Clutch behaviour otherwise seems fine. They are stripping the transmission / clutch......spigot shaft failure? They are expecting to have to fit a new clutch. Only had the car 3 days. Any views?

We have a 59 plate 1.0 manual iQ and have bad vibrations in all sorts of driving conditions, clearly all when accelerating. It is annoying, and even more so with trim rattles. I have recently begun to get annoyed with the shocking shocks and a slight lack of damping over bumps and potholes -of which we have an over-abundance where we live in Shropshire. Hope the issue gets sorted. Our car has just had its 60,000 mile service. The garage owes me a pollen filter, as they did not have one in stock on the day of its service.

Was it a full service Bob ? As with mine and assume due to the year, the Pollen filter should be free with the service as it says in the service book. Tbey changed the wording later. I always have to point it out to them.

David

Was it a full service Bob ? As with mine and assume due to the year, the Pollen filter should be free with the service as it says in the service book. Tbey changed the wording later. I always have to point it out to them.

David

Yes, and I asked them to replace the Pollen Filter as I took it out to see what state it was in... a right dirty black mess it was, with the usual twigs and leaves and grit in there. As they didn't have one in stock -one has to wonder why when the car is in for such a service, as surely it would be up for replacement- one of the people I deal with asked me to let them know a couple of days in advance when I'm up that way and then to pop by and they'll fit it there and then. They did apologise for not having one in stock. Anyway's, at least it will be replaced, likely next week.

I have noticed on here that quite often it gets forgotten when their car goes in for a service. Probably find in rural areas they dont get to see an iQ so wouldnt know where to find the filter!! And if you pull it out to check it and brush it you have all the debris to clear up afterwards so they avoid it

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links