Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slow Powerless Gt4

thechikin

My stock GT4 is powerless!

It is boosting at 9psi and I have an old HKS pfc con (programmable fuel controller) fitted.

The engine has recently been rebuilt after serious mysterious overheating (now sorted), but now, everything on the road seems faster. When I press the accelerator (I need to floor it most of the time) I hear the right sound, but nothing happens. The boost gauge goes up, but it sounds like a mass of air is dissipating. There are no turbo leaks, either.

Everyone I take the car to has a different solution - sports exhaust, bigger turbo, high flow, K&N air filter, bleed valve to increase psi...blah blah blah. I know all of these will give me extra power, but I'd like to fix whatever is causing me to lose so much power BEFORE mods to increase.

The HKS pfc con seems to do nothing and it is turned up to the highest setting, 9. For this reason, I have left it on.

One garage told me that I need a new cat, but short of spending $700 to replace it (yes, this IS Australia, so it is ridiculously expensive), I don't know if this will fix my problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions???