Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Brake Caliper Squeaking

dexgotabigone

Hi everyone ive got a 2005 Celica and recently the passengers side rear caliper is making a squeaking noise only if i do under 30 mph its quite loud too would anyone recommend the Caliper repair kits out there for around £36 instead of buying new calipers discs etc as these are expensive also does the celica have rear Drums aswell as Discs many thanks for your help

I've used these kits a few times, bought 'em off eBay. Last ones i did was for a pair of Jeep twin-pot front calipers with phenolic resin pistons.

btw these are the seals you'll get if you buy these "overhauled" calipers from a lot of aftermarket sources.

You sure it's the caliper.???...does the squeak stop if you press the brake pedal.?...might be pads, worth checking.

Celica has rear discs ...and internal handbrake shoes.

Neil

Hi thanks for your suggestions ive taken the wheel off given the caliper and pistons a good cleaning with brake cleaner driven it from 60+ miles and no squeak! pads have loads of tread on them and yes whenever i did use to press the brake the noise would dissapear will keep you posted if the noise comes back cheers guys