Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aftermarket/oem Replacement Tpms Sensors

Auris 1.6 vvt-i

Hey guys,

as seen from my profile, I have switched from a 2008 1.6 VVT-i Auris, to a 2015 HSD Facelift SOL with TPMS sensors. My original wheels are 17-inch with 225/45 R17 Dunlop Fastresponse and factory fitted TPMS sensors, operating at 433MHz. Since 225/45 R17 is not a good choice for a winter tyre, I have bought a set of used 16-inch wheels (which I have painted myself in the garage and they turned out very nice :yahoo: , but that's a different story - if anybody's interested, I could post pics and put a little how-to)... So, now that I am going to take off the original wheels with the TPMS, there will be a warning light on the dashboard (small but irritating), so I've been digging arround in the search of a second set of TPMS sensors. Well, you didn't think it was gonna be simple, now did you... :Jumpy: Turns out that if I put another set of TPMS, I need to do a relearning process anytime I put the winter tyres (or even when I rotate my original ones, as the system monitors even their position). So original sensors are out of question! First of all, a set costs € 210 + shipping and then they would charge me at Toyota for relearning the new sensors to the car via Techstream.

I've been looking arround for some aftermarket sensosrs, that could be reprogrammed by cloning the OEM ones, so now you have two completely identical sets and you do not need to go through relearning every time you switch/rotate tyres or pay for expensive replacement when one of your original sensors die... The problem, however, is that there isn't much first-hand information by people using such reprogrammable sensors.

I have come upon a brand I haven't heared before, that are offering programmable TPMS sensors at a very reasonable price (around $22-25) and a tool (arround $60) for cloning the OEM sensors and writing the information to the new sensors... Well, the problem is that I am not sure it will work and in order to find out, I'll have to invest $80-100 for a sensor and a tool... If it works OK, then I am in the clear! Good news - all I would need to do then is order 3 more sensors, clone all of my OEM ones and voila! But if it doesn't, then I would have wasted the money...

Has any of you heared of the Autel sensors and MaxiTPMS PAD or used them or used any other aftermarket sensors with comparable price, that can be programmed to act as the OEM sensors, so I don't have to put up with the annoying warning light or pay to the dealer twice a year to relearn the newly installed sensors?

Sounds like an interesting project you’ve got going there Svetoslav although I must confess I don’t know much about the Autel sensors. Most places in the UK have fairly moderate winters so I’d say the majority of drivers still keep the same tyres on all year round. There are places that offer a “tyre hotel” service where they’ll store your winter tyres and fit them then keep your summer tyres till they’re required, I’ve heard figures of £75 a year but maybe there’s extras. The other thing that’s coming to the fore are all season tyres like the Michelin Cross Climate that Wayne 2015 recently fitted to his car.

The thing I would be interested to hear about is how you refurbished and painted your 16” wheels. There’s always ppl asking on here about the best way to do their wheels and I’m sure it would be of interest if you posted it, might even become a “Sticky”

The thing I would be interested to hear about is how you refurbished and painted your 16” wheels. There’s always ppl asking on here about the best way to do their wheels and I’m sure it would be of interest if you posted it, might even become a “Sticky”

Done! Hope anyone finds it interesting and helpful.

OK, I have taken one for the team... :hang: and purchased the MaxiTPMS PAD, now waiting for an auction for an MX-Sensor to end tonight (hope nobody bids me out :crazy: ) and when I have a result, will let you know...

• 1 month later...

OK, here is some good news and some bad news...

Bad news first. I got lied to by one too many Chinese resellers and none of them shipped the TPMS pad and sensors. The first one refunded right after auction ended, probably unhappy with final price. The second one I purchased from here. Two weeks post payment nothing was shipped and order status was "Processing". Contacted seller and he then informed me they were out of stock! Couple of days later, he marked order as shipped and provided a FAKE tracking number that still shows package with this number has never been accepted at the post office and it's been over 3 weeks now since the "shipping". Paypal is taking care of him, so DON'T BUY FROM this seller, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Good news... Well, good news is that TPMS warning light is out! Turns out that if none of the sensors is present, the system doesn't warn you and there is no light on the dash, so if you don't need the system and don't want to invest a pile of money, you don't need to!

• Like 1

I have been having exactly the same problem having purchased a set of spare wheels for my 2014 Icon+ with the aim of fitting winter tyres. The cost of the valves and re-coding together with re-coding again in the spring when I refit the summer wheels makes it all very expensive.

I did pick up some information that the car can except coding for two sets of wheels which would make sense especially for those countries where winter tyres are compulsory but have been unable to confirm this.

I did swap my wheels front to back following fitment of new from tyres and the TPMS still works without any re-coding.

Running without TPMS valves fitted would invalidate UK insurance even with the warning light "working".

Well, my joy was short-lived! :crazy: :ffs: After about 30 km yesterday without the warning light, just when I pulled in the garage it came on and stayed on ever since, so I guess I'll still have to buy new sensors when Paypal returns my money.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, case closed!

I got sick of the Chinese BS - I have ordered the Autel TPMS valves and Maxi TPMS pad from 3 different Chinese sellers and none of them shipped anything ever. Eventually I got a set of brand new original sensors on eBay.co.uk from a UK seller for a fraction of the price of the Chinese valves, got them registered in the ECU by a local Toyota dealer for a very reasonable price and the drama is finally over!

Turned out that the new Auris accepts 2 sets of TPMS, so the main set does not get overwritten. It doesn't matter in what order they will be written to the ECU - just need to be written and the car manages them, so no re-learning necessary when rotating tyres. The only thing one needs to do after switching summer and winter sets is to press the TPMS initialization button in the glove box 3 times and that's it!

• Like 1

I wonder if this info shouldn't be added to the Technical Hints & Tips pinned post? Perhaps PM Frostyballs to ask?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Svetoslav, what is the original TPMS sensor part number for your Auris? I have ordered new Hybrid and looking for sensors...

Here is the auction I bought mine from. Seller still has one set left.

Part numbers are 42607-02030 and 42607-02031 - no idea what the difference is - they both look the same and are both suitable.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links