Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Prius Hybrid Battery Fan Cleaning

AMAQ03

This video explains the function and importance of cleaning the toyota prius hybrid Battery fan. kindly share your experience before and after cleaning the HV Battery fan or traction Battery fan.

Thanks for this! :thumbsup:

This applies to the Auris Hybrid too? :help2:

Thanks for the video. Is the fan cleaning part of the Toyota service plan? I would have expected the fan cleaning to be sceduled for cars in dusty conditions or after doing a high mileage. I have never heard of it before.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the video. Is the fan cleaning part of the Toyota service plan? I would have expected the fan cleaning to be sceduled for cars in dusty conditions or after doing a high mileage. I have never heard of it before.

hi, actually its not in the toyota maintenance plan, but i think it should be either in it or very highly recommended since its essential to Hybrid Battery optimal performance and long life span.

hi, actually its not in the toyota maintenance plan, but i think it should be either in it or very highly recommended since its essential to Hybrid Battery optimal performance and long life span.

But is it, really? This is Toyota who already over engineer most things. How many of these high mileage Prii have had this done at any point - not many I suspect.

Yes there may be no harm in doing it if you want, but to say its essential is pushing it a bit in my opinion.

There's no doubt in my mind that Toyota is one of the most reliable car manufacturers in the world today and have the best engineers ... But if you take a look at an hv Battery fan in a car with 50K miles or more you'll be surprised how much clutter and dust is accumulated on it which hinders it's efficient operation .... Not a must but very very good to clean it up

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links