Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Avensis Will Not Start After A Long Journey

Teddyboy2

Hi after a 75 mile trip the other week,my bullet proof Toyota wouldn't start ,once it was stone cold it did start,car is d4d diesel is it fairly likely to assume injectors or is there anything else,I have changed fuel filter and air filter

Thanks ted

Is the 1cd or ad.. ive heard off hard starting when warm it is caused by starter motor

Hi guys many thanks for replies,it also on setting off on 75 mile trip made some strange noises on left hand side od car,would you recommend buying a new starter motor to rectify it's a 55 plate it's easily been the best car I have ever owned and I am 44 and have owned quite a few

Ta ted

had same problem on 2006 car, engine 1cd-ftv, fitted starter today not a bad job. will update if fixed

just found this I might open the broken and see whats going on

• 2 weeks later...

just seen your post, i had the same problem with mine went through every thing no joy, went to local dealer and had it fixed in 20 mins! it needed an ecu upgrade can only be done by toyota but it works car now better than ever. hope this helps.

problem is fixed new starter resolved issue, old starter I have taken apart and the bushes have worn, will be changing them when they arrive of the guy in video!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links