Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help, Car Is Pulling To Left And I Dont Know Why!

joeltgray

lo everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me or at least give me any possible reason for why my car is pulling to the left.

I have a 1998 1.3l Toyota Corolla GS Petrol, which is heavily pulling to the left while car is in drive and when it is free wheeling, I have replaced the break caliper and just today have changed the driveshaft as I thought it was bent. All work has been done to the front passenger side as is front wheel drive. I have no other ideas why the car would be pulling like this, I dont think it is the tyres also they seem 100%, please help!

Thanks in advance :)

I've had strange steering happenings with two Toyotas now. First thing I'd do is swap the front tyres side to side and see what happens.

Hi

Have u had the car long?

Did anything change to the car prior to it pulling left?

sustain any damage etc?

Some national garages offer free brake and tyre check - try that?

And maybe ask the same garage if worth doing wheel alignment?

Agree with the above, get your tracking /alignment checked out properly , also worth swapping the wheels around to see if that has any effect; perhaps stating the obvious, but you do have similar types of tyres (radial or crossply) on each side and are both about the same tread depth ?

As Wayne says, have you been banging up kerbs or had any repairs recently ? Does your steering wheel look central when you are driving dead stright ?

Replacing parts on one side only is not generally recommended; brake pads, discs and calipers should normally be replaced on both near and offsides togehter, otherwise you create an old / new imbalance and are likely to get pulling to one side under braking; in your case to the left if its a brand new / refurbished caliper .

Same with most bushes etc, always replace as pairs, though one drive shaft should be fine.