Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Faulty Washer Jets

grumpymike

Washer jets are no longer efffective - they appear to be partially blocked. Yet, having removed them and cleaned with pin / limescale remover there has been no improvement. There are no obvious kinks in any of the rubber tubing and water comes out at both ends of tubing.

1. Can anyone suggest what I might try next?

2. Does anyone know the price of new nozzles and where best to purchase?

Apologies if any repeated questions here - new to forums.

Thanks.

Could try using compressed air to clear the nozzles - £1 a can from Poundland. Otherwise send Parts King a personal message giving details of your car (ie reg number) and what you want, and he will provide a price.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/user/34014-parts-king/

They will be available from your dealer, I doubt you could get none genuine, £12.13 plus VAT each (or from me)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thank you Frostyballs and Kingo for your respective speedy responses. I am a little reticent to spend £30 odd on two plastic nozzles unless absolutely sure that this is where the problem lies.

I have tried the compressed air method this afternoon - but no joy. When blowing through the jets they appear totally clear - water also runs through easily. As mentioned in previous post, water also flows freely from both end of rubber tubing (i.e. left and right pipes before nozzle) - However, I am unsure what pressure the water should be coming out at and I am therefore not sure if the flow is adequate.

Could it be related to the pump for washer fluid - perhaps a filter?

Or, is there a filter in the washer bottle that may be clogged?

I am not sure how to access either. Any further advice would be much appreciated.

Mike

• 11 months later...

Sorry to jump on an old thread but reluctant to start a new one. 

How do I remove the jets from the inderside of the bonnet? Prying with a flat bladed screwdriver at what looks like a tab on the "top" of the jet (when bonnet open - the opposite side to the jet outlet) didn't seem to give an easy yield and I was worried about breaking it. Only needs a clean I think - reading the other threads on the subject the aim is reaonable, just want to blow it through.

Thanks

Jez

Have you tried using a tire compressor?

In the past I have used one to clear the blockage, find a joint that you can unplug close to the jet. Use one of the extra attachments to  fit to the hose, then i set the compressor to max and turn on. Best to hide behind the bonnet.

:smile:

I'll give that a go perhaps.

Like to get them off for a look and maybe swap them left right as the spray patter would probably work better that way round. 

Jez

31 minutes ago, Jezclax said:

I'll give that a go perhaps.

Like to get them off for a look and maybe swap them left right as the spray patter would probably work better that way round. 

Jez

Hopefully easier than my previous car to remove, that's why I resorted to the compressor.

on other cars i have found there to be a filter, its incorporated into the seal between the pump & bottle.

to get to the water bottle you will probably have to remove / loosen the wheel arch liner to gain access ,

i have found cheap supermarket screen wash fluids aren't the best.

Thanks but the blockage is definitely in the jet - the other side is fine. Just seems to be half of one jet that's affected.

Cheers

Jez

I would definitely try the compressor trick, you would be surprised by what might fly out under pressure.

have you tried taking the jets out and putting them in some de scaling fluid like oust as it may help to break down any deposits blocking the jets

That's what I intend to do if I can get the things out without breaking them. 

Still looking for the little bit of magic that'll let me do that :) 

If you are getting a good spray from one jet and poor from the other the usual culprit is a sticking/stuck non return valve, this is inside the 3-way valve to confirm this swap the output hoses over the weakness should switch over to the opposite jet 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links