Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Servicing

Tohta

London independent garage costs

Toyota dealers want £255.00 for major 65,000 mile service on base model iQ: does anyone have experience of London independents charging less? God/bad experience? Did they use genuine Toyota parts or just approved substitutes?

So basically it is an oil change and an air filter !!!

They will "check" everything else but if it needs changing or fixing you will pay extra.

Sounds like a "bargain"

I'll have 2 for that price

Sorry if that post seemed a bit short but here is my reasoning:

Oil filter - £10.13 or £7.19 (same part number) http://www.burrowstoyotaparts.co.uk/s.do?searchForm=4&resultsPerPage=25&sortType=Name&searchBox=2&name=&keywords=90915-YZZJ1

Oil - £47.15 http://www.burrowstoyotaparts.co.uk/engine-oil-0w20-formula-xs-5-litre-i3811.html

Air filter - £16.40 http://www.burrowstoyotaparts.co.uk/iq-air-filter-17801-0n040-i2092.html

Grand total of £73.68

Even if you pay the garage £30 to change the oil it is still a saving of nearly £100 over Toyota prices

P.S these are the parts for my IQ so they might not be for yours. Prices might be similar but part numbers might not

• Like 1

So basically it is an oil change and an air filter !!!

They will "check" everything else but if it needs changing or fixing you will pay extra.

Sounds like a "bargain"

I'll have 2 for that price

Basically any garage servicing should involve a proportion of checking, and if additional work needs doing outside of the service, you pay for the additional work. - and that includes main dealers and independents.

In my experience, Toyota's Fixed Price Servicing scheme is quite competitive with the costs of other marque's main dealer servicing - we found it cheaper than Hyundai, Honda and Mazda.

I personally have had good service from Toyota. I have a service plan, mainly because i took it out when i bought tbe car. I have at times taken the car in when it was due and tbe pads were worn and was asked if i wanted them replaced now as they would be very low by the next service. The service manager suggested i buy them at the spares department and they would fit them free whilst they were doing the service.! All round a top dealership

David