Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2001 Key Fob Reprogramming

rarts

Hi all

I've recently lost one of the 2 button keys to my 2001 (51) celica.

I've managed to get the car into programming mode ready for a new key fob but the new key doesn't seem to register with the new car after the correct button pushes.

The odd thing is that 2nd hand replacement key has a different Battery (1616) compared to my original key (2016) which leads me to think that I might have a different frequency on my keyless entery possible??

Theres no details on my old key or keyfob electronics itself that I can see and the 2nd hand one that I tried with was a VALEO 736716-A.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ray

• 2 months later...

hi

you have number of options

buy a new key from e bay for £35 which comes with blade(need to be copied)and chip and remote-fob- and than reprogram it.

2.get blank chip for your second hand fob than reprogram it (you can reprogram blank chip only once for a car)than your key fob will response to command .

3.buy a central locking kit from e-bay for £13.99 and install it to your car which is easy and start using new fob which ive done.

with no-3 op : you need to transfer your original chip and blade to new fob so no need reprogram it.

hop it would help.