Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Is Just Extortionate!

JT

i knew toyota parts prices were daft, but :censor: !!!! here's a copy of the email i got sent back:

GOOD MORNING JAMES

PRICES FOR PARTS REQUIRED AS FOLLOWS

TAILGATE HANDLE AND MOUNTING PLATE £81.58 + VAT

FRONT BUMPER £103.58 + VAT

O/S DOOR GLASS £93.31 + VAT

TWIN CAM DECALS £31.29 + VAT EACH

REGARDS DARREN

PARTS DEPARTMENT

that handle's the worst!! it's a bit of plastic for *****'s sake!! and its not as if people are clutching at straws to still buy them - you'd think they'd want to clear nigh - on 20 year old parts out!!

on a more positive note the level of service from the dealers i contacted has been extrememly good

Wow they are daft prices to pay..definately not much of a "good morning" after that email eh?

owt wrong with scrap yards?

Also use findapart.com - im sure they could get it cheaper...

What's even wierder is if you contact another dealership they will give you different pricing :rolleyes:

It's a pity they can't all be like high-street stores and get all competitive :)

If you look around you'll probably buy another AE82 for that price :lol:

Rash

i had these prices for my yaris

lower suspension arm - £280

air con rad - £250

driveshaft - £410!

in reality

lower sus arm £160

rad £75

driveshaft £75

and all genuine toyota!

What about the :censor: decals 31.29 + VAT each. there only :censor: stickers :ffs: :blink: what are they made out of platinum if they were made out of gold they might be a bit cheaper but they are only :censor: plastic

i knew toyota parts prices were daft, but  :censor: !!!! here's a copy of the email i got sent back:

GOOD MORNING JAMES

FRONT BUMPER    £103.58 + VAT

O/S DOOR GLASS  £93.31  + VAT

TWIN CAM DECALS  £31.29 + VAT EACH

REGARDS DARREN

PARTS DEPARTMENT

that handle's the worst!! it's a bit of plastic for *****'s sake!! and its not as if people are clutching at straws to still buy them - you'd think they'd want to clear nigh - on 20 year old parts out!!

on a more positive note the level of service from the dealers i contacted has been extrememly good

The twin cam decals. I used to have them on the side of my car. but I took them of.

I am assuming that is what they are??????? :eek:

JT get ureself onto e-bay! I got a metallic black colour coded front bumper 4 my Yaris 4 £16.20 delivered!

Cheers

it's crazy! i emailed about 6 dealers, and 3 have got back to me with the same prices (but they're all the RRG group). i know it sounds hard to beleive, but 3dr AE82s just don't seem to exist in scrappies anymore, especially not Twincams. i've tried about 10 scrapyards, with nothing. ive tried findapart, breakerlink, blah blah they never got back to me. i've bought stuff off eBay for it before, but it's extremely rare anything comes up.

The twin cam decals. I used to have them on the side of my car. but I took them of.

I am assuming that is what they are??????? 

yeah, that's right. what's worse though is that i found out today, that that price is only for the TWINCAM part on the door. if i want the bit that says 16, on the quarter panel (yes, that is all it says) it's another £17 + VAT, both sides.

tbh, none of them drastically need replacing. the front bumper's got a crack at the top, in the middle, the window is quite badly scored and scratched from use, the tailgate handle has come apart slightly, and one of the twincam decals has been caught with sandpaper on the edge. put it this way, none of it warrants those prices! :ph34r:

i knew toyota parts prices were daft, but :censor: !!!! here's a copy of the email i got sent back:

GOOD MORNING JAMES

FRONT BUMPER £103.58 + VAT

O/S DOOR GLASS £93.31 + VAT

TWIN CAM DECALS £31.29 + VAT EACH

REGARDS DARREN

PARTS DEPARTMENT

Thats not true. Just cos they are 20 years old or whatever, doesnt mean they are gonna just "clear them"

I worked at vauxhall last year in the purchasing dpt. I was buying pistons and fasteners for all the new models, but also for the Nova, old astra , carlton etc.

The pieces where about 4 x the old OE value, as they are brought in from suppliers at Aftersale rates. VX didnt keep stores of old stock.

So therefore, i think that is a fair price to pay, for pieces from an old from a dealer

Cheers

:thumbsup:

i had these prices for my yaris

lower suspension arm - £280

air con rad - £250

driveshaft - £410!

in reality

lower sus arm £160

rad £75

driveshaft £75

and all genuine toyota!

How did you get them so cheap? And from who?

findapart.com! and a little help from Chimpy Dan

nice one!