Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 7 Odd Heating Problem.

Iceycold

Hi Guys,

I have found a couple of old posts about similar issues - but none that are the same.... Also i haven't yet found a possible solution. Please excuse me if i have missed something :-)

I have a 2002 gen 7 Celica 140. It run beautifully and i love the car. However, its developed an odd issue... Since i've had the car (approx 2 years), i have noticed that the coolant level is low in the expansion bottle, but if i top this up to Max, drive the car a little, it goes back to Low. The car never overheats, and runs well. No water in the oil, and no plumes of steam out the exhaust...

Then about a week ago - the heater stopped working..... The fans all came on, but it was blowing out cold air - until I had been driving for about 20 minutes, then the heat came through - and it was hot, not warm... instant blasts of hot air..

Now this happens everyday, but i have also noticed that sometimes, it will go from blowing hot - back to cold, and then hot again... Also when its blowing cold, the temperature gauge gets higher (not to over heat, but just higher than normal). When the heat comes through again, the gauge drops back to normal. Also the radiator fan seems to be on more...

I am a little stumped.. Any ideas please?

Simon.

You have air in the system..the red hot favourite cause being a tiny leak in the bottom corner of the radiator.

There are quite a few recent threads on this very subject, so have a read up on the advice given, Simon :)

^^^^^...+1...leaky rad.!

Neil

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links