Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 05 New Wheels?

richard10002

I've searched on "new wheels" and found nothing, (that doesnt mean there isnt anything :) )

My wife wants at least 2 new wheels, (possibly all 4), for her 5 door 2005 Rav4 XT-R.

What specification should I look for if searching say, Halfords, Demon Tweeks, etc.. and how much should we expect to pay for reasonable quality and looking alloys?

If we asked a Toyota Dealer to supply the originals, how much would we expect?

Many Thanks

Richard

Why do you want new wheels ? If they are corroded just get them refurbed ! You can get then bead blasted then powder coated for around £50-£60 a wheel and then they will last, far cheaper than new wheels and you keep them original. Had mine done three years ago and still like new.

Why do you want new wheels ? If they are corroded just get them refurbed ! You can get then bead blasted then powder coated for around £50-£60 a wheel and then they will last, far cheaper than new wheels and you keep them original. Had mine done three years ago and still like new.

The two are losing pressure. I suggested refurbishing, but I was asked to find new... I'm not arguing on this one :)

Toyota do offer a re-manufactured option on an exchange basis with wheels ranging from £50-£150 you would need to contact your local dealer for exact prices as for new wheels expect somewhere around £200-£400 each

My daughters mini wheels kept losing pressure until the wheels were powder coated now sorted. You should be able to find after market wheels to fit get on Google ! Several sets of brand new non genuine alloys on eBay for RAV4.

Got mine refurbished in March and you would not tell the difference from new. I think it was about £70 a wheel . IMO madness to put new wheels on a 10 year old car.

In your position I would first have them checked at a tyre place if they were not the originals as they may be losing pressure between the tyre and the wheel rim. which they can check in a water tank and this can sometimes be rectified without replacing either.

Old tyres can look OK but they do deteriorate in other ways allowing air to escape if that is the problem.

So much depends,safety-wise, especially now, so you can have lots you can lose. Trust the experts even if you feel you have to consult a couple of them to feel you are not being ripped off.

I'll get me coat ready :unsure:

Del

By the time you declare the modification to your insurer and pay the increased premium/cost of new wheels it's not a cheap option. Refurbish after 10 years is a much more sensible option.

depends upon the insurer. Some won't charge as long as they conform to the Toyota spec. (PCD, offset etc.), mine (esure) would have charged £25 which isn't exactly breaking the bank. ;)

It's definitely worth speaking to your insurer beforehand though to find out what their position would be.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links