Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heavy Interior Condensation

Wargenwolf

Of late I'm getting heavy condensation on the interior of the windscreen which is taking me an age to mop up and clear.

Outside temperatures overnight have not been too low and although it has been wet weather for the last few days, other than my damp feet there is nothing else getting in to the car. I've checked under all the floor mats and in the boot incase a floor bung has gone, but everywhere is bone dry.

Any ideas ?

Ken.

Replace your cabin filter. It's located behind the glove box. When it gets wet/molded, the windows get heavy condensation, just like you have described.

• Like 1

How often does that need doing and is it an easy job ?

The auris generally attracts criticism for fogging up windows etc, i have the hatchback and it's prone to it so i suppose the tourer maybe worse. Use the air conditioining more, it dries the air. Also overnight hit th "Off" button on the heater/vent controls and close down the air vents to prevent moisture laden air gettig drawn in.

I believe the cabin filter schedule is every two years

• Like 2

Every other oil change (30K km) or more often if necessary. In humid weather conditions, such as the UK, you might want to replace it every 15K km.It's a really easy job - just remove the glove box and the filter would be behind it in a plastic box

• Like 1

Thanks both, I'll have a look when I get to days off, but I've got the kitchen roll ready for tomorrow morning.

The car's only a year old with 6k miles on it, which is a bit naff having to change filters already !

Thanks both, I'll have a look when I get to days off, but I've got the kitchen roll ready for tomorrow morning.

The car's only a year old with 6k miles on it, which is a bit naff having to change filters already !

A year is a long time, my friend. As you know, an oil change is scheduled every 15000 km or 1 year - whichever comes first, so what's wrong with changing a paper filter, which is probably soaked, otherwise you wouldn't be having this excessive moisture...

I'm not that convinced it is the cabin filter. This time of year there's lots of ambient moisture and the car may sit in sunshine for a little while then cools down overnight. I went into mine the other morning and had to squeegee the interior windows clean and my cabin filter was changed only a few months ago.

the instructions to change the cabin filter are in the user manual.

if its only a year old I would take in to a dealer. might not be the filter, have you checked the spare wheel and side wells to see if there is any water.

• 3 weeks later...

Heavy condensation yesterday afternoon on my 2 month Auris.

water was actually running down the inside of the window screen.

Aircon soon sorted it out, but whats it going to be like when it gets really cold and freezes.

Do you have the heater set to fresh air or recirculate?

Best way is to have it set on fresh air and the blower on at least number 1, you should get very little moisture build up. I run an Auris Tourer and get very little condensation in it

I'd check the boot area if i were you, the big rubber seal and the small ones inside the light lenses are known to leak.

Mike.