Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Supplementary Rear Lights.

Syncopator

I would like to fit a pair of decent rear fog lights and a pair of reversing lights to replace the existing daft cycloptic ones.

A single fog light is, in my opinion, just dangerous, and the reversing light is as dim as a Toc H lamp.

Has anyone fitted any addition rear lights, or have any suggestions?

Thank you.

What I have in mind is to remove the bulbs from the existing rear fog and reversing lights and fit a good pair of both.

I will add those to the shortlist I am making.

I have changed the reversing light bulb to a more powerful one, 35 watt instead of the measely 21W that was there before. This has been discussed before. Look here.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/131757-better-reverse-light/

Thank you Rajiv,

That's a much more economical solution. I will certainly try one of those in my reversing light. I'm not sure yet what I will do about the fog light.

A single fog light is, in my opinion, just dangerous

I'm the opposite. I think dual fog lights are too easily mistaken for brake lights, or detract you from seeing that brake lights have also came on - single rear fogs all the way IMHO.

I'm the opposite. I think dual fog lights are too easily mistaken for brake lights, or detract you from seeing that brake lights have also came on - single rear fogs all the way IMHO.

But, are not the brake lights red in colour as opposed to the fog lights being whitish?

But, are not the brake lights red in colour as opposed to the fog lights being whitish?

The topic is about supplementary rear lights, and rear fog lights are red

they are red in the UK but rajivrattna profile says other/non-UK so maybe they are not red where he lives?

Having bought a higher power clear halogen bulb to replace the reversing bulb, I need to know how to gain access to the holder.

It looks as if there's a removable panel each side at the rear. Will opening that give me access?

Doesn't the owners manual cover access to the bulb holder - replacing light bulbs.

Having bought a higher power clear halogen bulb to replace the reversing bulb, I need to know how to gain access to the holder.

It looks as if there's a removable panel each side at the rear. Will opening that give me access?

I believe there's a limit to the size of bulb (maximum wattage) for reversing allowed by law in the UK. Something around 21 / 22 watts.

max 24W if it doesn't have approval marks. If it has approval marks there is no requirement.

& this of course also takes no notice of the type of bulb i.e. a 24W LED will be far brighter than a 24W filament bulb as there is also no requirement for intensity.

FROSTYBALLS.

Yes it does. My previous perusal was not sufficiently assiduous.

TomdeGuerre.

I guessed there would be.

Heidfirst

It's going in, approval or not!

It's about time they came to terms with l.e.d. lights and change the regulation/s to state luminosity rather than power drawn.

There is a video clip in youtube "rear light change aygo" search via google. It explains how to do that bulb change. I used it to change mine. The worst part was getting the light to seal again tight to stop rain water from leaking in. I used silicon layer over the foam packing. Just put a ring of sealant around before replacing the light cluster. It has held on well, no leaks for three years!

Frosty balls,

You are correct. The fog light is indeed red. I was wrong. Sorry did not mean to mislead any one.

do you have any ideas about how you will fit the lights without it looking mad ???

if i where fitting the lights i would be tempted to cut out holes in the bumper to

accomodate the new lights so they have more of a factory look than a Halfords look.