Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Take Apart The Standard Headunit?

eternity575

if its any easier for u i spliced the remote cable into the lighter wiring!

and if u havent done the power cable yet,it is a double ended grometso has two skins!i peirced them with a screwdriver first then fed the power cable through, then had to reach up behind the glove box and had a fettle around!! then bingo!

also if u havnt done already to burry the wire the kick panels and door cills just flick of(remember to feed power and phones down different sides!!!

CB

if its any easier for u i spliced the remote cable into the lighter wiring!

and if u havent done the power cable yet,it is a double ended grometso has two skins!i peirced them with a screwdriver first then fed the power cable through, then had to reach up behind the glove box and had a fettle around!! then bingo!

also if u havnt done already to burry the wire the kick panels and door cills just flick of(remember to feed power and phones down different sides!!!

CB

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH :ffs:

I got a connection off the hu and got the sub working (great).....

All I had now was to wire everything through nice n tidy... grrrrr not.

SO IT'S A DOUBLE SIDED GROMMET !!!!!!!!!!!!! :ffs:

I've just spent an hour or so wondering why the hell I could only get 6 inches of cable down the grommet.

OK I'll try again 2morrow :unsure:

I better ask now which end of the glove compartment will the cable come out of ?

(Thanks by the way to everyone who has helped so far).

n :eek: b

tape the cable to a long screwdriver, (dont force it in) then you will have to find it under the glovebox

the cable comes under the glovebox

Does anybody have any problems playing CD's in the SR. Mine jumps when I go over the smallest bump and then displays "ERROR" and quits playing.

I tried removing the unit and cleaning the laser but that mad no difference. Anybody in the Bolton area got a working original unit for sale (cheap).

check the screws, try another CD

I dont know if Ill sell mine, not using it, but might connect the old 1 up when I sell the car

yeah, i thought i might sell it to you, but then i thought no one will want to a buy a car with a cd player....

Ive probably still got my old tape kenny somewhere

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links