Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Reliable Is Your Celica?

Adam Zapple

I'm looking to buy a new (second hand) car and reliability is my number one priority. In view of this I've decided to buy a Toyota. I've narrowed it down to three models. The top of the list is the Avensis (for practicality reasons), the Corolla is also in the running too but I'm also tempted (for obvious reasons) by the Celica. Is the Celica a sensible option? I need the car for everyday use, although I don't see me needing it for big mileage. Does anyone here run a Celica as their main car?

I'm looking to buy a new (second hand) car and reliability is my number one priority. In view of this I've decided to buy a Toyota. I've narrowed it down to three models. The top of the list is the Avensis (for practicality reasons), the Corolla is also in the running too but I'm also tempted (for obvious reasons) by the Celica. Is the Celica a sensible option? I need the car for everyday use, although I don't see me needing it for big mileage. Does anyone here run a Celica as their main car?

Well thanks for all your help guys.

They say patience is a virtue.?.

But to answer your question...VERY reliable.....and doesn't cost a fortune to run either.

Hi John, Welcome.

Own, love and cherish a celica which I use as my daily driver. I use it for everything and it's never let me down.

Can vouch for parts being modestly priced too as I've always had a habbit of pro-actively replacing parts. There's no issues with sourcing any bits you'll need either.

Just a note on practicality. The luggage capacity of the celica is underrated in my books. It has heaps of room for a 2 door coupe.

I once had an old style, deep backed 50" television that I was taking to the dump (this thing was massive) in the back without much bother.

Easily fits my mountain bike in the back too.

If you do go for the celica, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links