Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hvo Renewable Diesel

atmozphere

Hello all, just wondering if any of you have ever used hydrogenated vegetable oil (HVO) diesel fuel or as they love to call it renewable diesel fuel. According to the specs the particulate matter emmision is way lower than that of conventional diesel (one that meets EN 590 requirements). I would love to try it since in my book it may have a positive effect on the DPF. It's a very new thing here in Norway and allegedly it is sold in some other European countries. I also wonder what effects it possibly might have on the EGR and the injectors. Any experience with it, anyone? By the way I am new to this forum and this is my first post here. Should have said that at the beginning of the post :-)

• 2 years later...

MODERATOR!

Why do I think Advert00 (just one post, and this is it) might not be an impartial judge of these matters? :unsure:

The last I heard, recycled vegetable diesel was considered totally unsuitable for modern high-pressure diesel engines. It fouls up the injectors and doesn't lubricate the fuel pump correctly, so it wears out. (Ouch.) Some people seem to get away with using small concentrations mixed with normal diesel, and I think you can run trucks on it. Will kill your five year Toyota warranty, for sure.

Animal fats? Are they serious?

Explanatory note: Advert00's dodgy post from this morning has now disappeared. Either the mods have killed it, or the poster has self-censored himself. :laugh:

It was, however, very deeply dodgy. The poster was plugging something called sunshine green fuels (or something like that), which he said used a mixture of recycled vegetable cooking oils, animal fats, and a sprinkling of fairy dust. He said his entire fleet was running on it.

Yeah, right. :bangin:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links