Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Surf Gone Mental!

marko380

just got my 93 2.4 td manual surf throught mot for another year......however on getting it back its like a different beast what the fuxxxxx.if i take it past 40mph it starts to roll/pitch/veer from side to side and i dont mean slightly,its bad enough to move me from side to side in my seat and it feels dangerous enough to lose control.the the pitching/rolling is worse when say i take my foot off the accelerator at 50mph all it failed on at mot time was a front wheel bearing they said they where going to change this but managed to adjust it.how you adjust a wheel bearing with play on it i dont know but surely this pitching /veering side to side thing isnt connect to a dodgy front wheel bearing/i hazard a guess at something to do with rear drive shafts maybe? any ideas as i its to dangerous to drive over 30 as is/ marko

just some more info,when i throttle on the whole truck veers to the left then straightens up when throttle is released.there is also a noise coming from front passenger front wheel i can only describe as a nut and bolt been shook in a tin can.,the truck failed on the front wheel bearing but he said he adjusted it instead of changing it.it cant be a coincidence that there is now a horrible noise coming from that wheel along with the crabbing to one side under acceleration,any ideas you knowledgable lot?marko

going back to the guys who motd it on friday.lets see if they can find prob,marko

took truck back and they said the 2 adjuster nuts on hub had stripped threads hence the wheel was wobbly i got 2 more from roughtrax and they fitted them but problem is still there.marko

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links