Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible To Make Audio Cd On Cd-Rw? For E12 Corolla (2003)

kuljit55

Hi guys i have a 2003 Toyota Corolla T Spirit with the factory CD Unit, i am trying to make a audio cd with CD-RW discs but the cd player does not read it and just spits the disc back out :(

Has anyone had any luck in creating and playing Audio cds made on a CD-RW??

If so can you please share how you did it? i.e. did you use any particular cd brand or software to create the disc? or applied any particular settings to the compliation? please help. Thanks

What format are you saving the tracks as - MP3, WMA?

Im trying to make a "Audio CD" and not a data CD-RW with wma or mp3 tracks.

I am using mp3 audio files but creating a audio cd and not a data disc. I have tried burning the compliation using the Nero and Ashampoo application, but no luck. Any other ideas? Thanks

it also has to be done as a single session iirc - can't be multi-session.

• Like 1

Use windows media player to burn them

Have you had any luck with actually playing a Audio Cd using a CD-RW?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

it also has to be done as a single session iirc - can't be multi-session.

Any particular application i need to use to burn the cd with?

Have burnt tracks to cd before using a couple of different programs lie nero etc, all played ok in the car; standard head unit.

Do your recorded CDs play on a domestic hifi unit without a problem ?

Have you actually finalised the CD-RW when recording onto it?

Have you actually finalised the CD-RW when recording onto it?

Well i do tick the finalize cd box on the application.

Have burnt tracks to cd before using a couple of different programs lie nero etc, all played ok in the car; standard head unit.

Do your recorded CDs play on a domestic hifi unit without a problem ?

I tried making the cd with nero, works fine on domestic hi-fi at home but the corolla spits it back out.

Trying to make on with Windows Media Player now as suggested by another user, will post results in abit.

Just tried burning a audio disc with Windows Media Player, but no luck, it just ejects out, tried it on 2 discs now but same result.

If anyone has any more suggestions, please let me know. Thanks

Does your owners handbook confirm the head unit will play CD-RW's? I know later head units would as my 2006 Corolla accepted CD-RW's.

• Like 1

Does your owners handbook confirm the head unit will play CD-RW's? I know later head units would as my 2006 Corolla accepted CD-RW's.

Dont think i have the owners handbook, but i would have expected a 2003 car to play cd-rw atleast if not mp3. By the way does it specifically say in your 2006 Corolla manual that cd-rw is supported?

if you burn a single track will it play that?

Two things...

I'm pretty sure the 2003 head unit won't play anything other than normal 'Red Book' standard discs (standard music CD's). So no compressed music files such as MP3/WMA/WAV etc. The manual will tell you, also I would expect any player that can to have the logo's MP3 etc somewhere on the front.

Does it play CD-RW's though if burned as an audio disc... that I am not sure of tbh, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. This is because the reflectivity of CD-RW is only around 30 to 40% of a standard disc 'silver disc', meaning that the optical pickup in the player can not read the information.

• Like 1

if you burn a single track will it play that?

Nah it wont play anything on a cd-rw, i found my manual and it said the unit may not play cd-rw

40de1242c102309922991cb694fccc85.jpg

So dont fink anything would work :-(

• Like 1

Have you tried a CD head cleaner on the car, it might be just a bit of dirt ..

Have you tried a different make of CD R/W disc and a different PC / CD rewriter, as there might be some head alignment variation that your car player might not accept.

Different makes of CD-RW won't change anything I'm afraid. The problem is down to the way CD-RW's work and primarily the huge difference in reflectivity compared to standard discs.

CDR's should be playable however, although they must be burnt as an 'audio disc' and not as a 'data' disc. Also, contrary to popular belief, burning at slower speeds can give better results.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links