Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Loss

Mark Boddington

Hi all, can you help us please.

The queshon for you all is oil loss going some where ?

We have a toyota corolla verrso 2005 autamatic 1.8cc vvti t3 s-a petrol 7 seater.

it has 97k on the clock & runs very very well with no sign of oil leaks anywhere. No smoking, heating head gasket look fine. No blue smake.

me & the garage are at a loss.

In 10 days over 310miles have lost half a litre of oil. This is on going, Can you help us please.

Mark

Don't know if this is your issue or not but the 1.8VVTi engines produced before ~ mid 2005 are known to potentially have oil burning/consumption issues. Toyota did have a goodwill campaign for them but that is now long over.

Is it a Toyota dealer that you are using or an independent?

Thanks for getting back to us Heidfirst.

No it is not a Toyota dealer but they no there stuf & we have been monitoring the oil.

We acquired the car about 6 months ago.

I emailed Toyota & this is there reply.

Good afternoon Mark,

There is a service bulletin relating to this model dated May 2006, which covers the problem described.

Unfortunately your vehicle is far outside any extensions that Toyota set to cover this problem and is outside any warranty.

The
fix for this problem was to replace the engine with a new short block
assembly, then transfer all ancillaries to the new short block and refit
to the
vehicle.

If you would like me to price you a replacement short block I would be happy to do so for you.

Cars are good fun mark

The piston ring / bore problem have been covered in this and the other sub forums many times over the years, so if you do a 'search' you should find more info on it.

However, as I have read things, there is no real cure other than what Toyota describe and because of the cars age and mileage , its now not really possible to say if the fault was due to the known toyotas manufacturing defect or simply high mileage wear.

Do wonder where the oil is going at such a rapid rate without any smoke ?

Have you tried any of the addatives you can get to stop oil burning, might not be a permament cure but might prove where the problem lies ..?

You could look at getting a second hand engine, but I would first ask Toyota for a list of the engine types / numbers that were affected by that problem so you know which ones to avoid.

Thanks for this I am looking at all options, but am not going to go in guns blazing.

When we have rizold this I will let you all no.

Mark

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links