Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Airbag Plug Wiring

Cered

Hi All,

Quick question... which is the positive/negative wire on an 2011-2015 Toyota Yaris airbag plug?

Attached a (useless) wiring diagram and a photo of the plug (Red/yellow and blue/yellow wiring)

Any ideas?

SRS-F.pdf

post-151401-0-24107500-1448126260_thumb.

I think you may have your colour words the wrong way round. All the airbag stuff I see on your attachment and on my wiring diagrams for the previous model Yaris have Yellow wires with other colour tracers. Yours appear to be Yellow-Red and Yellow-Blue. (This is not nitpicking - there will be other wires in the car using the 'mirror' version and mixing them up can be interesting.)

On the previous model diagrams it's somewhat ambiguous - most of the bags have a Yellow and a Yellow-Black. However on one page there are four bags (side + curtain) and two have the Yellow to + and Y-B to - while the other two have Y-B to + and Y to -. So I suspect these detonators are not actually polarity sensitive.

There are only three places that have Y-R and these all go to + (as you might expect). So I'd think your Y-L (Yellow-Blue) will be -.

I don't dare ask what you are planning with a loose airbag connector, but if you survive please let us know what the outcome was.

Thanks for getting back to me, I was planning on going with the layout you so with your input just confirmed it for me (Red being pos, blue neg) and the results are...

12272787_10156334240925094_1387743189_n_
12272810_10156334241005094_1752834117_n_

A 2015 Yaris Sport (Flappy paddle) wheel fitted to my 2000' Toyota Supra Tiptronic and it hasn't taken my head off!

Thanks again, hugely appreciated. Very pleased with how it turned out

I think you may have your colour words the wrong way round. All the airbag stuff I see on your attachment and on my wiring diagrams for the previous model Yaris have Yellow wires with other colour tracers. Yours appear to be Yellow-Red and Yellow-Blue. (This is not nitpicking - there will be other wires in the car using the 'mirror' version and mixing them up can be interesting.)

On the previous model diagrams it's somewhat ambiguous - most of the bags have a Yellow and a Yellow-Black. However on one page there are four bags (side + curtain) and two have the Yellow to + and Y-B to - while the other two have Y-B to + and Y to -. So I suspect these detonators are not actually polarity sensitive.

There are only three places that have Y-R and these all go to + (as you might expect). So I'd think your Y-L (Yellow-Blue) will be -.

I don't dare ask what you are planning with a loose airbag connector, but if you survive please let us know what the outcome was.

• Like 1

A 2015 Yaris Sport (Flappy paddle) wheel fitted to my 2000' Toyota Supra Tiptronic and it hasn't taken my head off!

Wow. That's an impressive mod to a 15 yo car. Do all the buttons work? Or just the shift paddles?

Thanks! Does make the interior look 10+ years newer. Only the paddleshifts, horn and (hopefully) the airbag work...

The buttons will take a bit of fiddling (gotta make my own loom essentially) so going to go with other options first such as steering control parrot kits that work wirelessly with the headunit

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links