Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cold Start Valve, Suction Control Valve

tvradict

I'm having cold start problems on my 2005 2.2 D4D.

Car started and ran fine on Thursday. Refused to start Friday and hasn't started since.

Google and this forum has suggested various culprits. EGR valve was my first port of call (easy to get to, easy to clean) and it didn't solve the problem.

Now I'm looking at fuel supply and any other valves that could affect starting.

Ive looked for replacement SCV's on the Internet and I can't find any for my engine, which suggests they don't exist. I have found a listing for cold start valve, which I can't find any reference too anywhere else. Can someone clear this up for me please, does the 2.2 have SCV's and roughly where are they?

I've watched the youtube vid but that engine seems completely different to mine.

Thanks in advance

Stuart.

Your car does have an SCV the latest part number is 04226-26020 there is also a software update that should be applied along with the modified SCV to get the full benefit of the modified valve.

On the attached picture the servicable valve is top left part of the Pump bottom right

post-45863-0-81898500-1448207642_thumb.p

Hi Stuart and welcome to the board, nice to see a fellow countryman. I was having a look through the SCV posts but I see Devon Aygo has already answered you. No matter, i though i'd put up a picture of the valve and its location. Apparently it's held by two 5mm Allen bolts.

I'll also attach links to the threads which talk about various aspects of the single valve, might be of interest.

This thread talks about the single SCV and the procedure for removing and cleaning.
Also says the single SCV pump is Denso 29400 (parts may be available from a Nippon Denso outlet).
This one talks about the single SCV
also gave this link for the manual but doesn’t seem to work
This one talks about HP3 sytem has one on the high pressure fuel pump fixed by two 5mm allen keys.
The pump on 03 to 06 AVE1CD engine is driven by timing belt and located drivers side front of engine below power steering pump.

post-140480-0-11725300-1448209570_thumb.

post-140480-0-40314000-1448209636_thumb.

Thanks lee & Tom, exactly what I needed. Didn't solve the problem though....

The Battery crossed my mind, however, Friday morning I spent over an hour trying to start the car, and the Battery held its own. Saturday it was fine, only yesterday did it start showing signs of struggling. I could do with sticking it on a charger. I fear I may have damaged it though.

Yesterday I had a lightbulb moment, and stuck the code reader on it through the laptop....

P0200 Injector Circuit/Open

Googling suggests this can be a faulty injector or injector driver. Whatever it is, it's getting into realms of engines beyond my capabilities so off to the garage it goes! At least I can give them a starting point.

Thanks again for the help

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I pop back in and update on this.

Car went into the garage last week, they stuck their diagnostics on it and came back with the same fault code, and after checking injectors and other stuff, diagnosed the fault to be the Injector Driver. Mr Toyota wanted £600+ for one.

I found a second hand one for £100 and it was a straight swap.

I now have it back with a fresh MOT and it's running very well. Seems a lot smoother. Not sure how much effect the injector driver was having before it gave up, or how much of it was down to the dirty EGR valve.

I will mention the last 2 winters I had some real cold start issues, not sure if this was early signs of a problem with the injector driver.

Thanks again for the assistance in locating the SCV.

Stuart