Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting Car Kit In 2008 Auris

tavy

Due to the fact that I'm talking a lot at the phone, I decided myself to buy a bluetooth kit.

An aftermarket car kit works in this way: audio player works as usual, but when car kit works, for instance telephone rings or you make a call, audio system is put on mute, and car kit is connected directly to front speakers; car kit has it's own amplifier. So, whether the stereo is on or off, car kit prevails.

Finally I decided to buy a Parrot car kit with display.

gallery_83611_1219_107124.jpg

Yesterday my car kit has arrived, but outside is a miserable weather and I cannot fit the kit on my car.

No problem, meantime I made the kit plug & play; so, parrot's mute cables come with ISO connector, and I ordered a ISO - Toyota adapter. Problem is that the wires in adapter were fitted in a weird order; I decided to cut ant chuck ISO connectors off and fitted Toyota connectors directly to Parrot's mute cables. Result is an plug & play Parrot car kit.

I'm planning to install the blue box and mute box behind the glove box, display and switches module above the central mirror, and microphone in it's place behind central overhead lamp; but all this after weather will improve...

• Like 2

How much did that cost as I got a bluetooth system that streams audio also with usb 3.5mm jack and memery card reader for about £70 and plugs into the multi changer slot on the back of the stereo and is recognized as aux on the unit

• Like 1

How much did that cost as I got a Bluetooth system that streams audio also with usb 3.5mm Jack and memery card reader for about £70 and plugs into the multi changer slot on the back of the stereo and is recognized as aux on the unit

That one is an interface, this is a professional bluetooth car kit, and the price is very similar.

Ye has buttons and so on mine is mines made by yetour I think it's called .... But like I say I'm glad you kept at it and made it work

Due to the fact that I'm talking a lot at the phone, I decided myself to buy a bluetooth kit.

An aftermarket car kit works in this way: audio player works as usual, but when car kit works, for instance telephone rings or you make a call, audio system is put on mute, and car kit is connected directly to front speakers; car kit has it's own amplifier. So, whether the stereo is on or off, car kit prevails.

Finally I decided to buy a Parrot car kit with display.

gallery_83611_1219_107124.jpg

Yesterday my car kit has arrived, but outside is a miserable weather and I cannot fit the kit on my car.

No problem, meantime I made the kit plug & play; so, parrot's mute cables come with ISO connector, and I ordered a ISO - Toyota adapter. Problem is that the wires in adapter were fitted in a weird order; I decided to cut ant chuck ISO connectors off and fitted Toyota connectors directly to Parrot's mute cables. Result is an plug & play Parrot car kit.

I'm planning to install the blue box and mute box behind the glove box, display and switches module above the central mirror, and microphone in it's place behind central overhead lamp; but all this after weather will improve...

How much did that cost as I got a Bluetooth system that streams audio also with usb 3.5mm Jack and memery card reader for about £70 and plugs into the multi changer slot on the back of the stereo and is recognized as aux on the unit

Tavey, I have two cars and in my first car installed the Novero Trusty One, which is similar to the Parrot CK3000 kit. Just bought the adaptor cable to connect the system, and no cables were cut! This was for my Mk1 Avensis with a Sony Double Din that came as standard.

For the second car, Mk3 Avensis Tourer, it came with bluetooth but can only handle on item at a time. Since there was no USB, I installed similar to Bens Yatour. The kit I used is for all recent Toyota's with the CD changer control. It is all detailed here:-

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/169513-added-usbbluetooth-adaptor-to-w53828-in-avensis-mk3/

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/50-how-to-add-usb-adapter-to-avensis-t27-with-w53828-cd-stereo/

This is where I bought the kit from and it was delivered in 2 days from order.

The main thing is the steering wheel audio controls works with changing the tracks as normal, and in phone mode, answers/cancels calls.

The best thing is, what ever system you are using, you are legal! It is cheaper than the fine and points.

• Like 1

I cut the wires in order to remove useless ISO connectors, because I need Toyota connectors only; other reason is that ISO-Toyota adapter cables which I bought had wires installed in wrong order.

BTW, I have installed an USB/SD interface connected at CD changer port, but rarely use it, mostly of time I'm listening radio, sometimes I like to drive in silence, even when I speak at the phone the stereo stays switched off ; this is another reason that I prefer a car kit like this.

That's fair enough I just press the button to answer the phone all my stuff is in one slot with iso but no each to there own

I cut the wires in order to remove useless ISO connectors, because I need Toyota connectors only; other reason is that ISO-Toyota adapter cables which I bought had wires installed in wrong order.

BTW, I have installed an USB/SD interface connected at CD changer port, but rarely use it, mostly of time I'm listening radio, sometimes I like to drive in silence, even when I speak at the phone the stereo stays switched off ; this is another reason that I prefer a car kit like this.

That's fair enough I just press the button to answer the phone all my stuff is in one slot with iso but no each to there own

As I mentioned earlier I have two cars with two different hands free systems (well three as there are two bluetooth in the Mk3).

Both solutions actually work the same way and mute the radio.

The Novero which is just like the Parrot, came with cabling to connect with ISO equipped cars. post-76861-0-37145300-1448348595_thumb.j

What I did was order the relevant adaptor cables. There are a few for Toyota by Autoleads or Connects2, and this saves cutting and joining different cables. post-76861-0-67911800-1448348554_thumb.j

The lead you could have used is SOT-062 which connects the Parrot cable at both ends to the stereo and car loom.

http://my.page-flip.co.uk/?userpath=00000013/00012513/00078974/

The cable I used was Autoleads PC2-17-4 Toyota to ISO, and Sony stereo to ISO.

All that cutting stuff is old hat, plus it can cause issues if not done properly, and looks untidy to me.

If you change cars, just unplug the Parrot and swap to new vehicle if needed, or sell separately.

All the information provided is for others in the future, looking for ways to add or upgrade hands-free.

I will say this again, any hands-free is better than a prosecution or even a possible collision!

Every system is a win win.

I bought too, a "relevant" adaptor cables, but why the heck should I install inside my car a couple of useless ISO connectors, when the nicest solution is removing them, put wires head to head and insulate them in a professional manner, and a result is a cable with Parrot and Toyota connectors, only what I need. :yes:

Of course, if you are not skilled I don't recommend making this modification, use adaptors ! :thumbsup:

Today I managed to install the car kit; it was a really "plug&play job". Mute box (the black one) is fitted behind the stereo, blue box is behind the upper glove compartment, microphone is situated in its designated place inside the overhead front interior lamp, and display is mounted under the same lamp, stuck to windshield with a bracket made by myself.

gallery_83611_1219_146628.jpg

I'm very happy with the result, the car kit is working perfectly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links