Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do Toyota Avensis Averso Diesel Use Spark Plug..

nico1135

Hi sir...please I want know if toyota avensis averso diesel 2003 uses spark plug.

Hi there Nico, although my understanding of modern diesel engined vehicles is a little rusty but here is my twopenny worth

A diesel or derv (diesel engined road vehicle) as it is also known comes under the class that is referred to as a CI (compression ignition) engine. when air is compressed by the piston in the cylinder to such a high degree ,which is far far higher than in a petrol engine, that it becomes hot enough to ignite the metered fuel when it is injected into that hot air causing an explosion when the piston is at the top of the cylinder to push the piston down on the power stroke so it does not need a spark plug.

HTH

Del

Hi sir...please I want know if toyota avensis averso diesel 2003 uses spark plug.

Diesels do not use spark plugs.

However, most car diesels have glowplugs which are preheaters used to make starting easier, mainly in colder weather. These are electric, so there will be a plug like thing in the top of each cylinder with a wire going to it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links