Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Faulty Sony Wx-C570R Cd Cassette Radio Fixed?!

Konrad C

For those with the earlier generation Sony WX-C570R CD cassette radio, that cuts out unexpectedly.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/170728-sony-wx-c570r-cd-radio-shutting-off-now-fixed/

I had two problems - the stereo cutting out and stuck CD.

The fault could be the front panel connections or dry solder joint.

For now the stereo is working (not tested the CD player) and has not cut out yet! I was going to buy a replacement on eBay, but decided to test everything from the fuses to the cabling. I have a Novero bluetooth handsfree connected, and that has check out fine. The Sony has a Connects2 iConnect USB, and a Sony 10 disc changer connected. All in my Mk1 one Avensis.

If your Sony has a similar fault, try before discarding - though it gives great excuse to upgrade!

• 4 weeks later...

Further update.

I still had the Sony cutting out and traced it to the CD changer bus cable, plugged into the rear.

The space between the rear of the Sony and heater duct housing, meant the bus cable is bent tightly. I have wrapped insulation tape around the cable at both plug ends and routed the cable so there is less bending. I have ordered a right-angle plug version of the bus cable, which should give more space.

Recap: the Sony WX-C570R CD radio cassette is connected to a Connects2 iConnect USB adapter, which in turn is connected to a CDX-656 CD changer (10 disc), using the Sony bus cables between the units (5 metre from CD changer to the USB adapter, 1 metre from the USB adapter to the Sony).

Add to this, my Novero Trusty One bluetooth handsfree connected using Autoleads adapter cables, I have a system that is up to date, yet looks standard. Everything is integrated, just plug and play.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links